Menu
Taxi fare to hotel
Sep 15, 2005 10:26
  • JINGPINAY
Does anybody know how much is the usual taxi fare from PEK to Shangri-La Hotel? The hotel is charging me 400RMB, one way.
Sep 15, 2005 11:35
  • JABAROOTOO
Sounds like way too much. Can't answer your question exactly but CAAC offer shuttle services into downtown areas of all cities.
Beijing appears to have one which runs to Yuyuantian Lianhuachi which is near the third ring road on the western side of the city, not too far from Shangrila Hotel.

The Airport-City Shuttle Bus departs from outside Arrivals and takes three routes into the city: Xidan, Gongzhufen and Zhongguancun. The most popular route is to Xidan in central Beijing, a short walk from the Forbidden City. T

The other routes are to Gongzhufen in western Beijing and to Zhongguancun in the city’s northwest district; the shuttle also stops at major Y16 approx cost.

Check this site and others listed for more information.

http://www.btmbeijing.com/contents/en/guide/BOG2004/transportation/airportshuttle

Hope this is useful
Sep 15, 2005 11:37
  • JABAROOTOO
Sorry that should read 'major hotels' and Shangrila is located in the north west of Beijing.
Sep 15, 2005 12:52
  • JINGPINAY
Thanks much for the info.
Sep 15, 2005 13:09
  • JABAROOTOO
You're welcome. Hope it helps you save a little.
Sep 15, 2005 16:33
  • CROBERTO
Usually, the taxi fare from airport to some hotels in PEK is RMB 120, plus the toll fare.
When I arrived in PEK airport, I paid RMB 150.

The price asked (inside of the airport) was RMB 380!!! I bargained it.

A sugestion: if you have the name of hotel in chinese, take a regular taxi in the queue, and show the written name to the driver. You will pay the meter and more RMB 10 (toll fare). I think you will pay less. I do this, in my second time.

Good luck.
Post a Reply to: Taxi fare to hotel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code