Menu
HELP
Sep 18, 2005 23:27
  • CINDYCHENG
hello
i'm a new here.i will introduce some information of wuxi,such as cluture,senic spots.can you give some advice.

manythanks!
Sep 19, 2005 00:14
  • BEIJINGGJM
As one of the oldest cities in China, Wuxi has a history of more than 3,000 years. During the Zhou and Qin dynasties, Wuxi was rich in natural tin, but was soon exhausted by excessive exploitation. By the early Han period, the city had already adopted its present name, which means "no tin". Wuxi has developed new industries including silk production, pottery and bricks. Now the city is attracting more and more visitors, most of them drawn to the tranquil waters of Tai Lake and the huge Buddha icon that watches over the area from close by.
Suggestions:
Day 1:
Turtle Head Isle(Yuantouzhu)-- Li Yuan-Lingshan Buddha
In the morning, travel in Turtle Head Isle and Li Yuan, in the afternoon, visit the world-famous Lingshan Buddha.
Turtle Head Isle is very vast. You'd better go there in the early morning, or you will have no chance to visit it in a slow pace.
Li Yuan is a delicate garden. It feels profound and magic to meander within the garden.

Day 2:
Xihui Park(Xihui Gongyuan)---Plum Garden(Mei Yuan)
In the morning, travel in Xihui Park, watch The Moon Mirrored in Double Spring. In the afternoon Plum Garden to appreciate the flowers.

Taste the Beauty of Tai Lake alone
Tai Lake is really beautiful, but one can rarely feel the true natural beauty in the hot attractions. So I suggest you to go to Suzhou first, then take a bus from Suzhou South Bus Station(Qiche Nanzhan) to the bank of Tai Lake. By will and at leisure, find a hill by the lake and walk onto the hill. Sit down on a cliff overlooking Tai Lake.
In this way you will witness the true beauty of Tai Lake: The fishermen unfastening their fishing nets and the sun setting into the lake water. Get down the hill, find a small restaurant in the village at the foot of the hill. Have local dishes and fresh fishes as supper. This is the true enjoyment. You must have a try!
Sep 19, 2005 00:50
  • JABAROOTOO
To BEIJINGGJM I thought Cindy was going to do the introductions and was just looking for suggestions???? You've done a good job. Thanks

Cindy. Is this the advice you were looking for???

Most people would like to know what are the most interesting things to see and do but there may be some other special things about your area that are not widely known. You could introduce those things and when, how, and why about them.

Just like BeijingGJM's introduction to Taihu from closer to Suzhou where you can find a good vantage point but where exactly is this and how does one get there???????

Look forward to reading you travel tips on Wuxi Welcome to the forum

Post a Reply to: HELP
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code