Menu
Hello,France:-)
Sep 23, 2005 06:41
  • JANNNLEE
oh really did not know that haha !
do you like it ?
Sep 23, 2005 11:00
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,I agree with Rita,at least,I use a kind of perfume comes from France!
Sep 23, 2005 13:58
  • ELCABRON
wait, wait, wait......if you havent been to Paris, it is hard to judge. Ive been there for four times and guess what, everytime was so great as if it was the first time. It really keeps all its promises.
Yes, it is expensive, but still cheaper than London;-)
Rude people, the only rude people I met were other tourists;-)
It is damn romatic if you go there with the right person - walk along the Seine, pass by all those famous historical buildings (every building has a story to tell...), relax in one out of a million great cafes...have you ever seen Paris at night from La Tour Eiffel? Or just take a look at the Tower itself at night, just magnificent! In Paris even simple bridges are romantic like Pont Neuf, the lovers bridge...
Actually if you live in a neighbouring country it is really hard to tell your girlfriend not to go there - impossible....

About most of the brands you just named it is funny because they are all owned by one group, LVMH, Louis Vuitton Moet et Hennesy! They own 50 or more luxury brand names from Champagne and Cognac(Moet&Chandon, Dom Perignon, Hennesy..) to Parfume(Dior, Kenzo..), watches(Tag Heuer, Zenith..), fashion(Givenchy, Fendi,Louis Vuitton...)
Those brands just live from their image. It is just marketing: make people believe it is something special, extraordinary and worth this crazy amount of money. Their core business is just marketing, the production can be done in China(if it is fashion, leather...).
They sometimes buy old names for cheap money and built up the image, so that they can sell the products with a higher margins - soooo clever!

If you already dislike the brown Vuitton bags, Im sure you will hate the white series with those funny coloured LV symbols;-)
Sep 23, 2005 19:34
  • CALIFORNIA
Chairman Mao Said:If you have investigated,then you have say-so:-)
Sep 23, 2005 22:46
  • DOUTIN
i use a japanese brand :PPPPPP

and for fashion i prefer the italian
Sep 24, 2005 02:15
  • ELCABRON
CALI than go and investigate Paris.

Ive seen buses full of Chinese tourists there, seems to be quite on top of Chinese travel plans. But for the Champs Elysee I would recommend just window shopping. If you walk down from Arc de Triomph avaoid the right side with your girlfriend, there is a huge LV shop;-)
Sep 24, 2005 05:41
  • CALIFORNIA
To Doutin:天啊!
To Elcabron:Sometimes I disagree with Chairman Mao's......
Sep 24, 2005 06:21
  • RITA
The only perfume brand I know is Issey Miyake (seems they have a lot of other products). There is another brand Kenzo Takada I heard of, but i think they do those fashionable products out of Japan, I am not sure.

Hi Doutin, what's the name of the brand you use?
Sep 24, 2005 08:02
  • ELCABRON
CALI:

Of course, Paris is no competition for some good ol`red vacation;-)
Sep 24, 2005 09:59
  • DOUTIN
ot starts with a "K"
:P
Page 5 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hello,France:-)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code