Menu
Shanghai to Beijing Fare
Apr 28, 2004 13:38
  • ANGELA
I will be going to Shanghai on May 16-22 on official business and i'm thinking of going to Beijing after for a side trip. How much is the airfare from Shanghai to Beijing? how about the train fare?

It will be my first time in both places and i'm really looking forward to enjoying these trips without exhausting much of my money. Hope any of you can help...
Apr 28, 2004 14:00
  • ANNA
From Shanghai to Beijing airfare: RMB 1,130
train: T704 1900/0900+ RMB 499

I think the time you chose is suitable, because after the golden week holiday it will not be very crowded. And the weather will comfortable and pleasant.

Hope the first trip in China can give you a memorable impression. Enjoy it!
Apr 29, 2004 10:23
  • ANGELA
Thank you for the prompt reply Anna! I think it well be more practical for me to take the train going to beijing (cheaper rate plus it will give me the chance to see the countryside).

Can anyone recommend an affordable hotel that is near the center and convenient to transportation going to the Great Wall and other tourist destinations?
Apr 29, 2004 13:28
  • YAZOO
hmmm, see the countryside...the best train trip from Shanghai to Beijing is the night train and then it's dark outside, so I am afraid you won't see a lot of the countryside ;-)
But it's actually a cheaper and good way of travelling. However, since it seems to be your first time in China, please check with some local contact person here to get the tickets. Most westerners prefer soft sleepers, however in my opinion hard sleepers is most of the time better value (but be prepared that it's not the same comfort as you have in European or American sleepers).
Post a Reply to: Shanghai to Beijing Fare
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code