Menu
My travelogues on Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng...
Sep 22, 2005 05:29
  • GLORIAGUO
I just came back from my 6-day travel to Guilin-Yangshuo- Longsheng - Guilin. It is really a fantastic experience that i would like to share with the travel lovers here.

Upon land-on Guilin airport, i was full of expectations, Guilin is the place that i dreamed when i was young. I felt fortunate that i have the chance of being there. Our guide is a handsome and humorous gentleman named Michael. We are lucky to have him.

Guilin Bravo Hotel was quite good with an ideal location. We were offered a River-view room, from whose window you can see the picturesque scenery along the river. Guilin is still a little bit hot in September, but maybe it is cool on rainy days.

Li River is famous for its inartificial wonders. Believe or not, you will never regret to take the
Li River cruise down to Yangshuo. We specially chose a cruise assigned to foreigners. It is neither deluxe nor beautiful, but it is the best on the river. Further cruising, much better the scenery is. We have been deeply impressed. Most of the people standing on the sundeck took photos nearly every minute. One gentleman said” it (the scenery) is made by the ghost”. I don’t know why he said this, so i asked him. He explained that the scenery is fabulous, such a wonder could only be made by God or Ghost. Aha... he’s joking.

One thing I would like to mention importantly is that the lunch on the Li River cruise is very poor. No matter you take the buffet-lunch cruise or set-menu lunch cruise. I suggest you do not expect more. It is the problem caused by the Li river cruise company management, not controlled by any travel agent, so no one could make a change to improve this except that the cruise company has this realization. Let’s expect its improvement together.

Here I would like to share some photos with the community friends. Remember I did not finish my travelogue. It is to be continued. Thanks for all your patience.
Sep 22, 2005 05:31
  • GLORIAGUO
Gloria at Elephant Trunk Hill
Sep 22, 2005 05:39
  • GLORIAGUO
Hi
Sep 22, 2005 06:04
  • CALIFORNIA
Waiting your photos......
Sep 22, 2005 06:22
  • KYLE
Hey Gloria,

Soudns like a good trip.
How much was the river cruize? I will be going to Guilin in one week and would like to hear about any other stories you have
thanks
kyle
Sep 22, 2005 08:01
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey Gloria,
Why not write it up as a Travel Review and include your photos. You just go to your 'Control Centre' and follow the queues. You can write a little or a lot and add photos to suit your story.
It's ealier for other memebers to find and read in this medium rather than here on the discussion board.
Cheers
Sep 22, 2005 08:30
  • WESH
Sounds great glad you had good time.Like to see pics later when you can.
I will be there next month same trip,any tips would be a pleasure from your adventure.
Sep 23, 2005 10:42
  • GLORIAGUO
I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting. I will be back very soon to continue my story and share some pictures with you. Please don't worry *_^.

By the way, the Li River cruise fee from Guilin to
Yangshuo is at about CNY360.00 net per person. Please be sure you will have a big breakfast at the hotel or outside since the cruise lunch is not that good (I have mentioned this.)

Nice day!
Oct 30, 2005 01:27
  • GLORIAGUO
Li River cruise ship
Post a Reply to: My travelogues on Guilin, Yangshuo, Longsheng...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code