Menu
Sights/tours recommendations
Sep 22, 2005 09:21
  • GOT2GO
I am considering Nanputuo Temple, South Puton Temple, 10,000 stones garden and whatever is on Gulangyu Island.

Does anyone have any information on these or other places I should consider? I like the outdoors, mountains, gardens, temples and such. Not much for shopping unless it is really unusual. I also like sports activities like boating and hiking.

Thank you.
Sep 22, 2005 10:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Gulangyu is great to visit on more than one occasion. there's lots of little interesting things to discover. Walk around the island first then over the top. Good for swimming too, expecially far side. It would be nice to take a room over here for a couple of nights. Not too expensive off season.

Hakka communities near Yongding is a must see if in the area. These people built mini fortresses of three and four stories in mud brick and timber, some housing up to 1000 people. some are circular, other square and a variety of other geometric shapes.

Take the train to Longyan and then the bus to Yongding. You can hire a omotor bike to see more of th area. Close to the Guangdong border.
I got the bus back from Longyan and the road should be much better this year so maybe give the bus a go bothways.

A few hours north is Quanzhou with a lot of history as an ancient sea port.

You should also be able to get out to some of the off shore islands but I have no info.
Enjoy your visit. It's a great place
Post a Reply to: Sights/tours recommendations
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code