Menu
Shangri-la anything interesting
Oct 11, 2005 01:35
  • ELCABRON
Hey, TERRY, still angry that Zhang He did not discover America? ;-)
Nov 8, 2005 19:45
  • ELODEA
Hi everybody,
Thanks everybody for your information. One thing is confirmed. Shangri-la is another name for Zhongdian. Anyway I am going on a trip there this Sunday. When I am back, maybe I can provide more info on Shangri-la.
Nov 8, 2005 21:10
  • ETHNICEAST
good girl or(boy?), sorry, cant tell. please update as some of us have not been there for a few months, and zhongdian because of it tourism development is changing pretty fast. it is for sure now more tibetan in theme than shangrila in attraction. have a good time there, remember it is super cold soon....

Nov 8, 2005 21:15
  • ETHNICEAST
maybe you like to buy stuff like these...

Nov 9, 2005 02:45
  • PINETREE
Just returned from a quick visit to Shangri-la. Thot it was quite nice with the huge grasslands and fresh air. Don't mind paying a 2nd visit there to have a proper look.
Jun 16, 2006 10:22
  • CLARENCE
Zhongdian, or Shangrila (does it matter?) is beautiful. For a Singaporean guy like me, who has not seen any majestic mountains and big big meadows in the valleys, it is BEAUTIFUL.

I had taken a trip to this place last week. We went for a 2-day-1-night trip from Lijiang.

Day 1: Tiger leaping gorge, Baishuitai, Zhongdian city.

Day 2: Napa Lake, Bita Lake, back to Lijiang.

The trip from Tiger Leaping Gorge to Baishuitai is the most memorable. You get to see DaJu county and SanBa county, and the scenery....

Actually, come to think of it, the scenery along the way is the best. And when you reach the outskirts of Zhongdian after zigzagging along the mountain road of Haba Mountain, you get to see huge meadows with yaks and horses grazing. Absolutely stunning.

As for the overstaying night, we just go to any cheap hotels that offers like 10SGD per night.

Enjoy
Jun 22, 2006 21:33
  • KMLAWYERCHEN
Most populations in Shangri-la are Tebetan, they believe Buddism. Shangri-la has many high plateau lakes. Three famous river flow throug Shangri-la. Shangri-la isolated from modern world. Shangri-la is the same with Zhongdian.
By the way, I am a local lawyer in Kunming, if you like, we can chat in tea house in kunming for one hour. my E-mail: 163.com|Kmlawyerchen
Oct 7, 2013 11:03
GUEST74192 I will travel to Yunnan from 27 Dec to 5 Jan 13 -10 days. It is my first time to Yunnan and need your advice. Thinking of start from Deqing/Shangri La- Lijiang -Dali-Kunming. Need your advice if this a good choice. Also,is it safe to go Meili Snow Mountain and Mingyong Glacier.
I am a Singaporean, my first time to go mountain in winter.

Thank you
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Shangri-la anything interesting
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code