Menu
Shanghai Hotel
Apr 30, 2004 14:06
  • ANGELA
How do I get to Shanghai Wanping Hotel from Pudong Airport?

How much will it cost me for a taxi? I heard some taxi drivers in Shanghai can be very nasty and charge too much.
Apr 30, 2004 15:12
  • YAZOO
There are different options :
1. you can take an airport shuttle bus (around 20-30 RMB), there are 6 buses running to different places in Shanghai. You can ask in the airport which one is more convenient for you.
2. you can take the maglev (50 RMB now) and then metro line 2 and change to metro line 1, get off Hengshan Lu
3. you can take a taxi : price to city center: around 100-150 RMB; I've been living in Shanghai for the past 1.5 years and I have taken a lot of taxis. Most drivers are very friendly and charge correctly, just make sure they use the meter. Only once we had a problem with a taxi driver from Hongqiao airport who charged us too much (his cheated with his meter, but since we took this drive already many times we knew approximately the correct fare) and after we told him we would call the police, he agreed to the normal price.
But please note that most Shanghainese taxi drivers are very friendly and honest. I have had only 1 bad experience out of hundreds of taxi drives during the past 1.5 years.
Post a Reply to: Shanghai Hotel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code