Menu
Yunnan in June?
May 1, 2004 03:38
  • ASTA
First I want to say hello and commend you all on your nice and helpful website. :)

I have two questions I hope someone might be able to help me out with:

1) Is it possible/nice to travel in Yunnan in June? By "accident" I have a two week vacation in China in June and I've heard so much good things about Yunnan, so I really want to go there. But I wonder if it's raining constantly at that time, and whether that ruins the travelling?

2) Are there a lot of problems travelling China (and esp. Yunnan) alone if you're female? Or will you be met with respect and treated well?

Best regards
//Asta
May 8, 2004 09:52
  • DALE
Hi Asta!
It sounds so great that you will go to Yunnan(Beautiful Clouds in the South).
Yes, it does rain constantly in July. But is it better than August and September. Maybe you can see another aspect about Yunnan, especially in rain.
Please don't worry about the second problem. Try to imagine, it will be a happy tour if you meet new and sincere friends duting this wonderful trip.
Enjoy your tour: )
May 8, 2004 10:55
  • ANGEL
Generally speaking, Yunnan has a year-round moderate climate. The best travel time is from March to Oct.

From May to Oct is the rain period in Yunan. But I didn't hear anyone said his travel is ruined by that. This period is also a harvest time for fruits and blossom. Remember to bring your coat or sweater for if it rains, the temperature will become lower. The day temperature difference can reach 10 centigrade dregrees.

No need to worry about the second question. However, be sure do not expose any valuables.
Post a Reply to: Yunnan in June?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code