Menu
Coffee or Tea?
Sep 25, 2005 20:09
  • RITA
The reason I drank tea was that I felt one day the water was so plain and unromantic:) and I needed some taste in it, that's of course years ago, later I found I like tea very much not only because I could not bear the plain water but itself. Fortunately I lived in Xiamen for quite a long time (not as long as 10 years but people move a lot frequently like me, 7 month is long enough to experience everything - job-hunting, working, traveling, shopping, eating like locals, etc), so I had chance to taste many kinds of excellent tea at a very low price, and was more addicted to it after learning so much about the culture of tea and watched tea ceremony. At least, I have the ability to distinguish the spring tea from autumn tea, and something amazing that can not get from reading:)

Indeed, tea has something in common with coffee, we all know it - revitalize within a short time...

Later, I had to work from afternoon till midnight, really exhausting. I couldn't fell asleep in the night and was weary in the daytime, then coffee came into my life as a kind of specific medicine to keep me 'alive' in the daytime, it worked really beyond my expectation. So unlike most other people who have some background knowledge of western culture or language, I did not at all feel romantic when I hold a coffee cup :), forgive me for saying so, I choose coffee as a kind of medicine and really take it nonotherthan medicine, I held it in my hand and worried when can I finish it..., suddenly I found that if I take it as Chinese herb juice, coffee was indeed easier to accept.

Certainly, I passed coffee once my life and work came back to normal.

What do you prefer, coffee or tea?

Sep 25, 2005 20:25
  • CALIFORNIA
I like tea,because it is good for healthy.After I drank coffee,usually,I want to sleep:-(
Sep 25, 2005 20:29
  • RITA
Well, usually two cups of coffee one day will keep me awake for 24 hours:), California, how coffee works so differently on us??
Sep 25, 2005 20:31
  • RITA
Coffee;-)

Sep 25, 2005 20:44
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,I don't know why!Usually,coffee makes us awake,but I want to sleep after drinking.Beside,I can't eat bones(especially braised),I felt dizzy!!!I don't know the reason,either.From ten year old,I have never aten bones:-(
Sep 25, 2005 21:45
  • CONNY129
no doubt I will choose tea .
once I was addicted in coffee ,and drank too much one day ,I got a neuralgia which lasted two days ,I never drink coffee since then .
Sep 26, 2005 01:50
  • RITA
I just got this from a certain site: the "coffee" was from Greek and its original form is "Kaweh" :), means power and passion.

Another site says coffee originated from Africa (that's probably true), Kaffa in Ethiopia was the place where coffee was found...

Anybody know more about this?

Sep 26, 2005 01:56
  • RITA
THERE IS NO LIFE BEFORE TEA!!

Sep 26, 2005 03:35
  • CALIFORNIA
I think coffee comes from Ethiopia!
Sep 26, 2005 09:21
  • DOUTIN
To RITA:

Same story like you.. I like tea, green tea [NOT that one from Laoshan], but recently I got addicted to the chinese coffee, kind of p...but it keeps you awake. There's deffinetely no real coffee in China, the truth is in the TEA!""

I love your 可爱的小猫咪 [There's no life before coffee] :P
Sep 26, 2005 17:41
  • GAZ07
Tea is boring, coffee tastes much better.
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Coffee or Tea?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code