Menu
Chungdu to Jiuzhaigou
Sep 27, 2005 17:11
  • ZYGOTE
Guys I'm planing to flight into chungdu and then
goto Jiuzhaigou. I want to know if it's easier to goto Jiuzhaigou on my own or should I take a tour from from chengdu to Jiuzhaigou? And what are the differnt in cost between the tours and getting my own ticket go to jiuzhaigou. From reading the forum, I know it cost around $700cny to flight each way. But can someone tell me how much it'll be if i take the bus instead?
Any info will help thanks everyone.
Sep 28, 2005 00:12
  • JABAROOTOO
Yes it's easy to travel independantly, a lot of people do it.

Bus should not set you back more than Y100 to Y150 and you can take a bus directly from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou or you can stop in Wenchuan from where is is an 8 hour journey. the bus passes through Songpan and you should spend at least one night maybe two at Jiuzhaigou to get an early start in the park.

I suggest if you have the time. Take the bus to Songpan arriving late afternoon. Stay overnight and look around, catching the next days bus from either Chengdu or Wenshuan on to Jiuzhaigou. Spent the night and visit park the next morning, stay another night and catch amorning flight out to where ever you want to go.
Shuttle bus runs to and from the airport for about Y40 You'll have to check where this departs from. I have not used it, just know it exist. Only other option is a taxi for around Y200 or little less if you bargain hard.

Entrance fee for park is Y145 and two for price of one for second day if you have company to do this with. the almost compulsory bus fare for inside the park is Y80 and if you only spend one day you will need to use this to see it all. Please read my Travel review for more information.
Have a good trip and it you learn anything useful then please post it here when you get back
Post a Reply to: Chungdu to Jiuzhaigou
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code