Menu
travelinng/transport
Sep 29, 2005 10:06
  • BABO
Hi *,

Would like to know car rental options in Chongqing.
How's the traffic conditions, parking lots...
What is the best way of transportation inn the city?
How's the wetter in Chongqing in October and November. What kind of clouding do I have to bring with me - for this time of year? Is it better to by clouding in Chongqing (not to drag all the way...)?
Thanks
Sep 29, 2005 10:33
  • JABAROOTOO
First question,
Do you have a Chinese Drivers Licence???
Second
Can you read Chinese characters????

I was at the airport today and I noticed a deck that was offering Car Leasing - could this be car rentals? Not sure. You can rent cars, hotel would be the best source of information if this airport desk is not what you need.

I've actually driven in CQ, illegally of course. I don't have my licence for here yet but have some friends with cars who are happy for me to drive sometimes. It's buzz.

But I'd hate to have an accident here and it's a high risk. CQ has to be one of the worst cities for ignoring the rules and really bad and I mean really bad drivers. It's not an easy place to negotiate if you are unfamiliar with it. there's lots of little narrow one way streets and tunnels. Taxis are cheap and convenient and they know where they are going and how to avoid the worst traffic problems.

PS parking is always a bit of a problem too....

CQ is looking good right now with loads of improvements to the major roads in preparation for the Asia Pacific City Summits next month.

Clothing wise you can buy nice stuff if you are not large build. Weather will be pleasantly cool with some warm afternoons, but November can have some cold days too.

Sep 30, 2005 09:24
  • BABO
Thanks man!

This was really helpful - Thanks again.

I think I'm gonna stick to the taxies, at least in the beginning :)).

About clouding - that's what I was afraid of. I'm 2 meters high. So I guess - it would be best to take as much... with me.

Hey, can you give me some tips & trick (for CQ) if you think of any...
(perhaps - about food and restaurants (I like Chinese food in Europe and US - but I have heard that it's bit different in China ?!?), perhaps about night life (night bars, discothèques, theatres...), is it safe for tourists to take a night walk trough the city...
Anything that you can think of and you find it useful for first time visitors

Thanks,
Babo
Oct 5, 2005 10:40
  • JABAROOTOO
CQ is a big place.

Do you know where you'll be staying?

Hot pot is the most popular and famous of the CQ cuisine. Can't say I enjoy it too muc but there are plenty of good restuarants to get almost anything you fancy.

Lots of bars and some discos in the CBD areas although some are not so easy to spot. Lots of Karioke if you like that sort of thing too.

More later if you need it.
Oct 5, 2005 13:23
  • ELCABRON
Hey, you really like to party, Jabaroo!
Oct 7, 2005 08:07
  • BABO
Well for the first hand, I think I'm gonna go with Marriott hotel.
Afterwards we will see...perhaps I will rent an apartment or so - but that I will decide on the spot, once I get there (In few days :))

Cheers
Post a Reply to: travelinng/transport
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code