Menu
xiamen train routes
Sep 29, 2005 10:54
  • GOT2GO
What major cities do trains from Xiamen go to? Is it possible to get to Guilin or Shenzhen by connecting in some major city?

Or else are there places within a 12 hour train trip to some place interesting not going into a colder climate. I would be traveling there in a winter month.
Sep 29, 2005 11:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi again,
If yo have a look at the icons at the top right of the forum page, you'll see a plane, a train and search icons.
Click on the train on and bingo you have access to all of China's train schedules.
Next get a map and pick some places, like Wuyishan (12hrs) mountains and cold in Nov but beautiful
Jingdezhen
Changsha
Lushan (Jiujiang) mountains, cold but beautiful
Guilin and Yangshou
Guangzhou, Zhuhai and Macau
Wenzhou

You may have to use the 'via' option or take a train somewhere and then a bus to finish. Give it a try it is pretty easy to use and includes prices in US$.

Choose train codes beginning with K and T as these are fast and have A/C

Any questions, just ask
Sep 29, 2005 19:33
  • GOT2GO
Thanks so much. Guess I didn't even notice them. I am working on two trips at the same time. One trip around Shenzhen, Guilin, and Xiamen along with my sister and a solo one to Emie, Chengdu, Qingchen and Kunming. The latter will be around May when I think the weather will be good for the mountains. The first trip will be in the winter.

So much to see and do.

Thanks again,
Post a Reply to: xiamen train routes
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code