Menu
Xi'an, CHINA. Are you coming?
Sep 30, 2005 08:16
  • ASGARD
If you are coming to xi'an and need any help or advice, contact me.
I'm glad to help, as a hospitable xi'anese.

hotmail.com|ilorax
Oct 29, 2005 01:12
  • IRACUBET
Thanks for the hospitality. My family and I (two adults and 2 kids) would be in Xian from 9-12 Nov. Do you think it's too cold for us to climb huashan at this time of the year? How long would it take us and what time should we start?
Oct 30, 2005 21:00
  • CONNY129
it is definitely cold ,the weather changes all the time ,although it is a sunny day today ,I still feel a little bit cold ,no matter the Huashan .
if you just want to stay a few days in Xian ,climbing Huashan is really a hard physical work ,especially you have two kids to look after ,so I advise you not to climb at this time
Oct 31, 2005 12:46
  • ZYGOTE
I'm thinking of going to Xian for three days. I'm coming from Beijing. I need some suggestion as to which is easier. Should I take a tour from Beijing, jiont a tour when i get to Xian or do sight seeing on my own.

Also I'm planing staying in the Xian City Hotel let me know what you think if its a good location or not.
Oct 31, 2005 18:46
  • CONNY129
it locates in almost the most prosperous avenue --South Street ,superior location .easy to get anywhere ,and a few minutes walk to Bell Tower and Drum Tower .
Oct 31, 2005 21:11
  • ELLYSE
City Hotel's location is fine, but a friend complained that the walls between the rooms were really thin and he couldn't get to sleep because of the noise his neighbours next door were making.
Oct 31, 2005 22:10
  • SAWUBONA
Try www.hostelworld.com it has worked great for me. Xi'an Shuyuan has everything you will need and is central. Anyway try the above website, Enjoy the warriors.
Oct 31, 2005 23:08
  • IRACUBET
Hi! Thanks for the concern. I did my researched and found that a person doesn't actually need to climb the whole way up to the peak...can climb a little and take cable car right?

My kids are old enough I think (9 and 11) and have been swimming 3-40 laps each week to prepare themselves. It's their mum and dad (me) that may not be able to climb. Haha.
Nov 2, 2005 21:11
  • ZYGOTE
I'll be there from the Nov,8-11. If I flight there, what are some of the options I have from airport to Xian City hotel?

Also as alt options to save money, how is the train ride from Beijing to Xian?

regards,
Keith
Nov 2, 2005 22:30
  • ELLYSE
There's a airport shuttle to the Bell Tower. BTW, I also recommend the Shaanxi Wenyuan Hotel on the Bell Tower square as well!
The Z train from Beijing (West) to Xi'an is a really comfy, fast train. Good comments have always been forthcoming from travellers who've taken that train.
Post a Reply to: Xi'an, CHINA. Are you coming?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code