Menu
Hi... I need some info about VISA/Permit Re-entries...
Oct 2, 2005 01:33
  • KABLOOMZ
Hi if this is a repost please let me know. I think I hit reset instead of submit =o(

Anyway, Hi people! I am new the the forums. I would like to know VISA requirements to goto HK from USA.

HKSAR gov site states that travel/transit under 30 days = not required. However I think this is for passport holders. I currently am pending US Citizenship. I do have a Permanent Residency Card (aka Green Card) as well as a US Permit for Re-entry. Do I still need a VISA?

Reason I ask here is if you've been in the same situation, please let me know. The China/HKSAR embassy in LA and Chicago are hard to contact (one is a fax line the other has a weird msg system).

Thanks in advance!!!

-Kab
Oct 6, 2005 11:16
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi,
If you are not yet a US passport holder, you must hold one belonging to another country?

As this would be the passport you would be travelling on then you should check to see if there are any restrictions or limitations to this statement. i.e. are there any countries to which this does not apply.

HKSAR gov site states that travel/transit under 30 days = not required.

Only problem I can see is if you do not hold a current valid passport for any country in which case you may have to make further enquiries from the appropriate US departments and the HKSAR govt or postpone your travel until after you have gained you US passport.

Good luck
Oct 9, 2005 04:08
  • RONLUK
If you must travel without a US passport, check with http://www.immd.gov.hk/index.html
If you are waiting for your US citizenship, check with your lawyer regarding the rules dealing with your change of status.
It never hurt to be extra careful.
Post a Reply to: Hi... I need some info about VISA/Permit Re-entries...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code