Menu
Moving to China Zhuhai? Outside of Macau
Oct 3, 2005 14:12
  • LORIDETWILER
My family, 3 daughters, son inlaw, grandson, and husband will be moving to the Macua area (Zhuhai) area in July 06. My husband is currently commuting back and forth from China and the states and is somewhat acclimated to the area. I, however, am quite scared about the move. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the opportunity for us all, it's that I'm realistic and know that it is going to be nothing that I, nor my family, as ever experienced.

I would like to know if anyone has researched and or enrolled their children in an international school in the macua area? And if so, how to I go about researching and gathering information? I was also told that you could hire a in-home tutor for a reasonable cost. I do not want to board nor do we want to send to the Hong Kong area.

The schooling part of the move is my really only concern. If someone could please respond back and put mine and my families concerns and worries at ease, we would be very appreciative.

Thank you so much and I look forward to corresponding on this website in the future.

Sincerely,

Lori Detwiler
Franklin, Tennessee
Oct 5, 2005 10:00
  • JABAROOTOO
Dear Lori,
A quick search of the internet gave only this result for International/English curriculum schools in Zhuhai. I had a quick look and it appears to be for Expat children or at least English native speakers anyway up to age 13.

Suggest you have a look at the website and drop them a line. If they can't help, I'm sure they can at least give you more information about what is available in Zhuhai.

Other possibility is home schooling but that's not for everyone.

http://www.qsi.org/zhu_home/

all the best with your move to Zhuhai, it's a great place. I loved it. Nice and clean and quiet and got everything you could want.
Post a Reply to: Moving to China Zhuhai? Outside of Macau
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code