Menu
China in my thoughts....
Oct 3, 2005 23:32
  • RMAYEKAR
I haven't posted in quite awhile, but I thought I would today! I was walking down the street and the smell of a passing truck reminded me of the smell of exhaust that I would smell when walking down a busy Beijing road. I got so sad because I missed China so much I almost started to cry! Isn't it so funny how something so trivial can stir up so much emotion? Most people would think that exhaust smell was horrible but I found it so comforting. Am I weird or what!?
Oct 4, 2005 08:42
  • ELCABRON
I know what you mean, WOCCA;-)

Oct 4, 2005 15:23
  • RMAYEKAR
LOL...okay, so I didn't mean THOSE smells! But, that picture is bringing back some not to so great memories... ;)
Oct 4, 2005 19:08
  • JOSEPH411
Wierd?? Not at all. The sense of smell is a very powerful sense. It can trigger many thoughts and memories. Every week I run across some aromas that remind me of something. A few weeks ago I walked through "Little saigon" here in Orlando, FL. Some of the smells brought memories flooding back from 30 years ago while I was stationed there. The smell of a good pasta sauce brings memories of home as a child.
I'm looking to relocate to China soon. I'm very sure I will remember many things I will smell there too. I hope I like it there as much as you do.
Post a Reply to: China in my thoughts....
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code