Menu
secondary school
Oct 4, 2005 02:12
  • JOEJOEYU
I'm going to Shanghai for work with my dauaghter in next few months. She is at 12 and staying one of the best secondary schools in HK at the moment. Is there anyone who can give me some information about the best secondary schools in Shanghai. I got some school names but not sure what standard/level of these schools are:

上海延安中學
大同中學
復旦中學
上海七寶中學
上海中山中學
上海市上海中學
上海市文來中學
上海市東格致中學
上海市普陀區延河中學
上海向明中學
上海位育中學
上海閔行二中
上海嘉定區第二中學

Hope you can help me.
Many thanks!
Oct 7, 2005 09:23
  • BARI
I am from 大同中學 Datong School. I can proudly say that it is a very good key school of Shanghai.
Also,上海市上海中學 Shanghai School is very qualified. It has an international section for expats' children.
some of the other schools are in rural areas, so not very conveniet for you to pick up your child.
Oct 9, 2005 22:54
  • JOEJOEYU
Hi Bari,
Thanks for your info. Where are 大同中學 Datong School and 上海市上海中學? I prefer the shcool located at Pudong?
Oct 10, 2005 01:16
  • CONNY129
Shanghai School is located in 400# Shangzhong Lu上海市上中路400号TEL:021-64100430 FAX:64765510 ZIP:200231
Oct 10, 2005 04:55
  • JOEJOEYU
Hi Conny129,
If I live in Pudong so which schools I can choose?
Oct 10, 2005 09:40
  • BARI
上海市東格致中學 East Gezhi Middle School is the only one in the list that is in Pudong. Also Datong is near Nanpu Bridge, seeming to be the one in Puxi that is closest to Pudong.
Oct 11, 2005 23:07
  • JOEJOEYU
Hi Bari,
If we relocate Shanghai in Jan next year, can we apply a seat into any local Secondary school. Or we have to wait till the next semester? Also how much for school fee for local school? Pls advise.
Oct 12, 2005 10:51
  • BARI
It is definitely not easy to get into any of the schools you mentioned. Don't take for granted that it is like in the western countries. The fee my parents paid was several hundred every year. The problem is that it is hard to squeeze into the schools. For locals, they have to participate harsh exams to get into key schools above-mentioned. So many children in China. Do you think the schools can take your child right after you make an application?
Oct 12, 2005 11:01
Jincai is the secondary school I stayed in during my trip to Shanghai (See Pearl of the Orient in travel review section) and the staff there are very welcoming and make excellent teachers. The students I met there are now very good friends of mine. It is highly recommended by all who visit.
Oct 12, 2005 20:43
  • JOEJOEYU
Hi Bari,
What should I do? I can't afford to send my kid to any international school neither classic one nor international division from local high schools. Any suggestion? Obviously my kid needs to continue her study right after relocating to SH. What should I do in order to grab a seat for her from local schools?
Post a Reply to: secondary school
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code