Menu
Armpit Hair
Oct 4, 2005 02:24
  • KYLE
I have been to a lot of asian countries before but I never noticed so many women with armpit hair. In China I noticed a lot of women do not shave. I've heard a few different reasons why, what do you think?
Oct 4, 2005 15:48
  • GAZ07
I think it's nasty =)
Oct 5, 2005 21:01
  • GAZ07
no.
Oct 6, 2005 00:15
  • KYLE
Im not sure if thats a man or a women but they have good armpit shaving skills. Still no Chinese have commented. I would like to hear your opinion.
Kyle
Oct 6, 2005 01:24
  • RITA
A Chinese's comment is here:)

I feel uncomfortable seeing women wearing sleeveless suits with unshaved armpit:(. But I noticed most of them are middle aged women or countrywomen, perhaps they just do not have time to do it or think about it. I seldome see office ladies with unshaved armpit :)

I do not know if it is kind of tradition that Chinese women think less about the appearances of themselves when they have stable family and children and disposable incomes... etc, while at a time they could do it better. Maybe they are just extremely critical to judge their children's boyfriends or girlfriends...
Oct 6, 2005 03:21
  • ELCABRON
Now that is an intersting subject.

For my spot checks, all the young women do shave their armpits, at least in urban areas.

For rural areas or the older generation, quite many are not used to fashion and everything that comes with it. After 50 years of unisexual dull uniforms and prefered short cut womens hair, the only fashion decision they could make was choosing a grey or a blue uniform.

To make this discussion really disgusting I have to tell you that I not only shave my legs but also my armpits;-))))))
Well, the reason for the legs is cycling. And before all the spam starts Im NOT gay, so Im sorry to disappoint some people)
Oct 6, 2005 03:45
  • RITA
Not at all.
I am thinking about a gorgeous dolphin.

Oct 6, 2005 03:54
  • ELCABRON
RITA: Does that mean something bad in Chinese? ;-)

But during late winter time I become a savage again;-)

Oct 6, 2005 03:59
  • RITA
Quote:
"RITA: Does that mean something bad in Chinese? ;-)"

No, but why are you becoming SO alert of me?:-)
Oct 6, 2005 04:22
  • ELCABRON
How could I? There is no reason, right?

About Chinese tradition and body hair:

There is a story about women with missing hair in special places according to HONG YINGs "K".
And for the emperors concubines they had to get shaved before they met him....so there was a long tradition before, but no place for things like that during liberation and cultural revolution times.

Oct 6, 2005 04:38
  • RITA
Well, there is another tradition or saying: 身体发肤受之父母..., i.e. every part of your body was from your parents, it was improper to change any of them, no matter how minor it would be.

Since it was a tradition, it was to be broken, so people start to remake their faces or bodies nowadays.;-)
Page 1 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page: