Menu
safety in Tianjin
Oct 4, 2005 21:41
  • RACHEL88
HIya

I don't mean to diss Tianjin. but I am concerned about safety there.

I will be travelling on my own there in December for 2 months and my parents are concerned about my safety.

Are there any precautions for me to take?

any advice?

thanks!
Rachel
Oct 5, 2005 21:06
  • RITA
I lived there for about 6 years and I think Tianjin is one of safest city in China. I got back to Tianjin a few days ago and I still believe it is very safe traveling in Tianjin.
Oct 13, 2005 08:12
  • PITC
Tianjin is one of the safest cities in china.
Oct 13, 2005 09:45
  • CALIFORNIA
Tianjin is safe enough,and Tianjin Ren is very humorous!
Dec 10, 2006 22:31
  • IDSUNNY
Be careful with the drivers when you walk across the street. They are not always wait for the light.

If you find local people staring at you,(if you are not a Korean, Japanese, blah) don't worry. They don't mean bad, just curious. And your purse and mobile phone will be safer as they are looking.

Generally speaking Tianjin is a safeplace.
Now it's Dec. Have fun.
Dec 11, 2006 03:07
  • APAULT
I haven't been to Tianjin, but generally you do not have to concern about personal safety in China if you just follow the basics you would at home... girls generally say they are happy to walk anywhere in the main city areas where there are lights. But if you come out of a night club drunk, you are an obvious target.

But I emphasise IDSunny's comments on road safety. Maybe the biggest danger is that a 'green man' does not mean it is safe to cross! The worst problem, is that at the same time as the green man, traffic also usually has a right filter..and it won't stop!
Dec 11, 2006 20:19
  • STOCKTOV
Hi Rachel,
I'm a young(ish) woman and I live solo in Tianjin. I've been here for a year and a half... and I NEVER feel unsafe. I've ridden a bicycle solo at night many times and never felt worried. The people here are, by and large, really friendly.

The traffic warnings from the others you should definitely heed...it's crazy here so keep your head about you. And, as with travelling anywhere in the world, always keep your belongings safe and in check: purse, wallet, phone, camera, etc.

Write me if you want when you get here if you need anything or want any advice or information. Have fun and enjoy Tianjin!
Mar 31, 2010 01:44
  • ERNESTZENG
Tianin is the safest among China's big cities. But the traffic is a bit messy.
Post a Reply to: safety in Tianjin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code