Menu
Nov: Banna vs. Lijiang
Oct 5, 2005 00:15
  • ZZHANG
I plan to visit Yunnan for the first time at the end of Nov. I have a total of 6 days. Would you please advise whether it's more interesting to visit Banna or Lijiang area? What's the weather like at the end of Nov in Lijiang area? How is the road condition from Lijiang to Tiger Leaping Gorge? Thanks.
Oct 5, 2005 09:54
  • ZZHANG
Thanks for the info, Wocca.
If we go to Lijiang area at the end of Nov for 4-5 days, where are the recommended places to see other than old town?
If we go to Banna instead, any suggestions on which villages to go?
Oct 10, 2005 02:15
  • PIERREFR
In Lijiang, except the Old Lijiang Town, Baisha Village, Yulong Snow Mountain, Black Gragon Pool and another village where the former residence of Joseph Rock is located are worth visiting. In addition, you should visit the Tiger Leaping Gorge which is around 70km away from Lijiang. I've just come back from the trip to Lijiang. It's wonderful. I suggest you visit the website to know more about a proper itinerary: http://www.yunnantourism.net
My friend and I attended their package tour to Lijiang. As for Banna, I was told by many backpackers that it's too commercialized in Banna.
Post a Reply to: Nov: Banna vs. Lijiang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code