Menu
To Jiuzhaigou Valley
May 13, 2004 15:01
  • KATE
I am planning to Jiuzhaigou this July. But I searched many information about it through internet, and got to know that only in autumn it shows its beauty with the magic colours. So my question is: what will I see at that time? How will the scenery be? How should I get there from Chengdu? Any tips would be appreciated~
May 14, 2004 09:18
  • SNOWWIN
Yes, autumn is the best time to visit it.

Two ways to get to Jiuzhaigou directly from Chengdu: by air or by bus.
You can choose what you like.

However, the most convenient and comfortable way must be by air.
It is only a 45minutes journey from Chengdu to Jiuzhai--Huanglong airport, built between Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong.
After landing on the Jiuzhai--Huanglong airport, there are direct buses to get to both two scenic spots.

Of course, you can take a bus from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou directly, taking about 9-10 hours.
In Chengdu (Xintianmen bus station) air-conditioned buses go to Jiuzhaigou at 8:00 am every day, cost about RMB100.

Hope these information is helpful!
Have a good trip!

Snowwin
May 17, 2004 09:41
  • BONITA
Can you suggest some excellent itinerary to travel around, including visit the Qiang village?
It is the first time to Jiuzhaigou, so is it possible to travel without travel agent?
May 17, 2004 17:50
  • BILLIE
Do you have any advice for us to go to Jiuzaigou? To join a tour trip ?how many days needed for full enjoying the scenery?

May 18, 2004 09:52
  • AUSTIN
the roads there are not very good.but you can travel by air. there is an airport there now. if you only want to visit Jiuzaigou,i think you should stay there at least 3 days.......to enjoy the places and the cultures there.
many other places close to jiuzaigou need to be visited too.if you visit there by travel agency,they can set aside only 1 day for you....too short to enjoy the beauty.but if you have many partners to go together,you can deciede the agenda by yourself.

May 18, 2004 23:08
  • STEF
i am studying in chengdu.some friends and i are planing a travel to jiuzhaigou,maybe we can be partners.
Jul 2, 2004 21:54
  • VISITTIBET
Ya, it is said the best season is autumn to Jiuzaigou valley. However, so far as I know, you can travel around the valley all the year and experiened the different scenery there.

Plus, it is not so difficult to travel independently, I mean, not join in the agent group.
I have traveled with my friends around Jiuzaigou Valley,Huanglong and other spot places along the way on the May. It was so great. We were stunned at the awe-inspiring scenery when arrived at Long Sea of the Valley.
Well, I have not much time to describe about beauty of the Valley. If time permits, I will write more next time.
Anyway, it is such a place worthy of travel many times.
Jul 7, 2004 20:16
  • BOCHAP
Hi,
I'm going to Jiuzhaigou via Chengdu next month. So, is it the best time to go there in Aug? Autumn next month? I'm pretty worried with the recent flood in china. Is it affecting life over in chengdu? upon checking, i found that it's rainy season in Aug.

Pls advise. Thanks!
Jul 8, 2004 10:52
  • ANNA
it is the best time for your visit! Only at that tim, you can see the many magic colours in lush and clear lake! Do not worry about the food though Chengdu's cuisine is famous for its piquancy. There I think you can find what you like, and you will content with the local but nutrient food!
Jul 10, 2004 14:59
  • BOCHAP
but my family is quite concerned with the recent heavy rains in China. Even if there is no flood, there is no point in carrying an umbrella everywhere we go.

Feel like going there in September. How is it over there in Sep?
Jul 15, 2004 22:08
  • MARTINO
Hello, I want to travel to Jiuzhaigou in about two weeks. Does anybody know where the best places to sty in the valley are and how much a double or better a triple room is? Also I read that the government wants to reduce the number of vistors and you have to buy a ticket in advance... Is ths right or do I have wrong Informations? By the way, I will arrive by plane in Chengdu and want to take the bus to Jiuzhaigou, does anybody know a good and not too expensive hotel near the bus station and can I buy bus tickets in advance?? I know, a lot of questions, i am really sorry, but if anybody could help me i would be really happy. You can also send me email, lapke.de|martin, thank you all very much, your

martin
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: To Jiuzhaigou Valley
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code