Menu
???????
Oct 8, 2005 23:29
  • PEA28COCK
There is an old Chinese saying: 父母在不远游. Its general meaning is that you shouldn't live or work far away from your parents if they are alive. You should accompany them. Filial piety is a very important virtue by the sandard of Chinese morality. However nowadays people have to face so many kinds of pressure and competitions, so for most of the time people cannot do everything at their own will. They have to work at any place without much choice. I have to work far far away from my beloved parents.:(
Oct 8, 2005 23:45
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey PEA28COCK,
I hope you don't feel too bad about it. Sooooo many people work a long way from parents and family.
But in my case my parents encourage me. Sure they miss me and I them but parents usually love us enough to want the best for thier children, so they will continue to make the sacrifices necessary to help us live a fulfilling life, sometimes apart from them for long periods of time.
Oct 9, 2005 01:10
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, Jabarootoo, thanks for your concern. I am always homesick but I am OK. I love my parents, for they are so great!!!
Oct 9, 2005 01:41
  • CALIFORNIA
Peacock,you are a filial girl:-)
Oct 9, 2005 02:01
  • PEA28COCK
Yes, you are right, California, I am a filial girl. I guess you are also a filial person. Everybody should be filial.
Oct 9, 2005 02:04
  • CALIFORNIA
I don't think I am a filial man!My hometown is near Beijing,but usually,when the holiday is coming,I went out for travelling......In this facet,I am a bit selfish:-(
Oct 9, 2005 04:44
  • PEA28COCK
Fealtyfilial piety has many aspects. If you have them in your heart wherever you go, it is also a kind of fealtufilial piety,right, California?
Oct 11, 2005 18:55
  • TERRYSPYYDER
Filial piety in the heart mean little to the parents when they are gone. It is only a consolation to yourself to show that you have done your part. In truth, do what you can for your parents when they are living for this is the time that they need you most. Do it in their LIVING YEARS so you don't regret of not doing it when they are gone.
Oct 11, 2005 19:40
  • PEA28COCK
Hi,TERRYSPYYDER, I totally understand your meaning. But sometimes I can only miss them, phone them for many reasons: work, study, etc. If possible I would like to live with my parents forever, but the truth is that it is too hard to be done. In nowadays for most of the time we feel weak and have no choice.
Post a Reply to: ???????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code