Menu
Travel in Guizhou in October
May 19, 2004 19:44
  • SOOZE
I am travelling to China for 3 weeks, starting mid October. I would like to spend 5 days in Guizhou province and wanted some tips on what is worth visiting eg: visiting the market in Anshun on a Sunday or any minority villages particularly worth visiting.
May 20, 2004 15:49
  • BONITA
Maolan Karst Forest Natural Conservation, which contains mountains, water, forests and caves, all in the same location, is breathtaking.

Huangguoshu Waterfall is the biggest in China and among the world's famous waterfalls.

Dragon Palace, which is located nearly twenty miles southwest of Anshun City, is a splendid underground Karst type cave. It looks like a fairy tale crystal palace. A boat-ride will take you to see the magnificent views in the caves, and you will feel like you are in a fairyland.

Zhijin Cave Scenic Spot is another highlight. It is famous for its massive, scale, stalagmites, stone pillars and stone pagodas in unbelievable heights and numbers. There are over forty kinds of Karst precipitation formations in the cave. The Zhinjin Cave is known as "the Museum of Karst Formation".

Hongfeng (Red Maple) Lake scenic spot, thirty-three kilometers from Guiyang city, is also worth a visit. It has over 100 islands within the clear blue water lake. The karst land formations, fascinating water and hills, as well as the spectacular caves make this area a state ranked key scenic location.

In addition to enjoying the scenery, visitors can discover the rich and varied folk customs and cultures of the different minority ethnic groups of the region. Numerous festivals throughout the year, strong but simple and unsophisticated customs, architectures with unique style and the exotic and colorful costumes, will make tourists feel everything is new and fresh.

May 20, 2004 18:01
  • SANMAO
I do not recommend to visit Dragon Palace and Hongfeng Lake. The former is a karst cave which doesn't worth the 50 Yuan, or so, admission fee. But if you are going, take a jacket with you. Inside the cave, it's a bit chilly. Hongfeng Lake is an artificial lake and a reservior. I don't like the place very much. I would highly recommend Miao village at Langde. If you are lucky enough, the villagers will perform very nice dance. Don't know if there are rush water in Oct so that Huangguoshu Waterfalls can show its grandeur. A visit to the clothing museum/store on Jia Xiu Lou in Guiyang is a must, IMHO.
Jul 25, 2005 19:05
  • JABAROOTOO
Travels always depends on your preferences. Do you want to visit mostly over rated tourist attractions or get the feel for the real China and this spectacular Privince. Get in Touch with Louisa, a miao lass (See Kaili festivals) and spend some time with her in the villages. I'll be going there in less than two weeks and heading north into San Xia region of Chongqing. Will post when I get back. Huongguoshu Falls worth a visit. I went early Nov. and plenty of water so make visit as late as you can. Weather was nice at outset of my trip but turned bitterly cold in just a few hours. From Kaili south is also interesting but you simply do not have time to cover it all. Keep watching end of August
Post a Reply to: Travel in Guizhou in October
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code