Menu
Medical Information
Oct 12, 2005 17:30
  • KATHYBELLOWS
My husband and I are traveling in China next month. My husband uses a C-pap machine to assist in breathing at night. What type of converter or transformer is needed. I called the company that supplies his machine, but they were less than helpful. Our tour also includes the Yangtze River Cruise. Am I going to have a problem? Thanks
Oct 12, 2005 23:10
  • ETHNICEAST
i believe the voltage here is 240v, so if you are using something with 110v, you will need one. also get a multi plug adaptor. i am not sure about the cruise, you staying on it and wondering what voltage is available?
Oct 15, 2005 01:39
  • KATHYBELLOWS
We are sailing on the Yangtze for three days. I'm quite sure that they have electrical appliances like clocks and lights that plug into the wall outlet in the staterooms,right? I don't mean to sound snobish; but just don't know what to expect.
Oct 15, 2005 09:09
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Kathy,

So long as the machine has a two pin parallel plug you should not need and adapter. China's voltage is 220V. I'll just check with some of my American friends whether they use a voltage converter of plug straight in. I'll get back to you tomorrow or Monday.

On the boat should be similar to any good hotel if you are travelling first class which it sounds like. People need to use electric razors, hair dryers and charge phones and camera batteries etc.

You could have your travel agency follow up for you with the cruise company.

Cheers

Post a Reply to: Medical Information
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code