Menu
Has anyone been to Dalian?
May 21, 2004 03:26
  • LUCKYLAGER
I am moving to this city in August as was wondering if anyone had any advice in terms of cost of living, what to expect ... Really anything would be great.

Patrick
May 23, 2004 14:34
  • DAJIANG
well,it depends on where will you go in Dalian,
In fact,the cost of living in north China is not high.
Have a good trip.
May 26, 2004 09:32
  • GUEST001
If u could stand the extreme cold and dryness and the long winter, then you will be more mobile in whatever u wanna do. Despite these, it has clean air and some of the most beautiful colonial architechural buildings around, notably Russian and Japanese. Check it out yourself on the internet for anything on Dalian. good luck

May 26, 2004 11:25
  • ANNA
Dalian is placed as the fourth in consumption of the whole China. The living cost is much expensive than other ecumenic northern cities.
The shopping area is mainly located around Shengli Square, and Chengren Street(the famous night market).
Feb 15, 2005 06:19
  • FIDLA
Next to Shanghai, Dalian is my 2nd favorite city in China. Very western in style and architechture. They are also very familiar with westerners there, and so I don't get so many stares (I am 198 cm tall and very white). There's a lot to see and do in Dalian. Check out the beaches in summer and the Aquarium is worth a couple visits. There's lots of good shopping, hotels are clean and modern and of course the food is fabulous. It is a little more pricey than Beijing or Shanghai, but still we're talking Chinese prices! hahah. this is not New York...
Jun 9, 2005 18:15
  • BRIGHT
i am a local. welcome to my city! if you want to know the taste of fish you have to taste it yourself. i don't think the house price here is high, no matter what you buy or rent, the price is in the middle, much lower than shanghai and beijing. if you want to know better, give me a call. i 've a thread here, with the title of "an apartment for rent" on Jun,8th, you can take for reference.
Post a Reply to: Has anyone been to Dalian?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code