Menu
Aussie living Beijing.
Oct 17, 2005 21:46
  • BRADZASS
Hello, I'm new here, I have been given an opportunity to work and live in Beijing at the start of next year, I have been over for work about 5 times in the last year, but it's gotten to the point where I should move there, I'm very keen but I have a girl friend who I'd like to bring with me, would it be easy for her to find work in and is it likely she will enjoy living in Beijing? I speak a little Mandarin, she speaks none, but we are both keen on learning. If anyone has any similar experiences or info it would be much a appreciated.

Brad.
Oct 17, 2005 22:05
  • CALIFORNIA
As the capital of China,Beijing attracting many persons come from everywhere!I don't know your gf's major,and what's her favorite?But I am sure she can get a job easily:-)I think she will love everything of Beijing except the weather and traffic,haha:-)
If you want to learn chinese,the best choice to go to an university,for example,BFSU,BLCU,UIBE......
Ok,have a nice life in Beijing!Welcom:-)

Oct 18, 2005 10:03
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey,
You guys are Aussies, right!
Jump on in, the water's great. If your girlfriend really doesn't like it then you'll just have to go home again. But you've got nothing to loose. Beijing is a great place. You've got guys like California who'll help you if you need a hand.

Work may be different to what you would expect but this is China and sometimes it's good to do something that you would not normally do at home. That's how I travelled and worked around Europe in the 70/80's. Now that's showing my age but I never regret a moment of it. It was some of the best times of my life along with these here in China.
Every day is a challenge but would you want it any other way????

Post a Reply to: Aussie living Beijing.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code