Menu
Glamourous City
Oct 27, 2005 21:21
  • VINNIE77
Hi,

I'm still new to this forum, but would like to participate more. I have returned from China two weeks ago from a business trip to invest in property there. It was difficult, but now everything worked out okay. I bought an apartment in a new development in Wuxi near Taihu Lake, called "Glamourous City." I recommend everyone who has never visited this city to travel there sometime, it is a very nice place.

I also will have future plans to move there for a while next October. My friend and I will plan to start a new business together. I'm very excited to relocate to China, I think it will be very rewarding experience. If anyone can give me some advise about what to expect and suggestions on anything to prepare to go there, I would appreciate it.

About me: I'm a U.S. citizen from New York, work as a Web Editor for a travel publication and website, and also invest in foreign properties in emerging markets. I'm also creating a new website where I will also try to advise others on property buying overseas and share my experiences.

Thanks to anyone interested to write me!

Vinnie.

Oct 29, 2005 13:31
  • GAZ07
Hi Vinnie, it sounds like an exciting time for you! I recently visited China for 2 months but never managed to explore Wuxi. What made you decide on this place and why would you recommend a visit?

I'd advise you the same 3 things as any visitor to China:
- learn the language, its respectful, useful and you'll gain a whole lot more out of your experience, however long it is.
- Mix with the locals and their culture. Share your cultures with them. Try the food, learn the history (they will show you a whole new side of China).
- Be calm and patient. As i'm sure you will have experienced when you were buying your property, simple things can be difficult in China, but that just makes it a whole lot better when it does finally work out.

Oh, and finally, don't miss Beijing and Hong Kong =)
Post a Reply to: Glamourous City
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code