Menu
Trains from Hong Kong to Beijing
May 31, 2004 04:34
  • GRIFFITHS
Please can anyone help I have been told that there is a first class train travel from Hong Kong to Beijing. Does anyone know about how I can find out prices, times, how to book etc.?
Also will I be better booking internal flights from Beijing to Xian when I get there or before I go??
Thank you
May 31, 2004 08:56
  • SNOWWIN
Hi,
Hong Kong's train station, Hung Hom Railway station is in Kowloon.
You can take NO.T98.
Departure time: 15:oo pm
Arrive time: 18:05pm next day
The journey is about 27 hours and there are different sleepers for you: Harder sleeper, Soft Sleeper and Deluxe Sleeper.
Have fun!
May 31, 2004 09:33
  • DAISY
Depart on every Odd date in Jan. Apr. May. Aug. Nov. & Dec.
Depart on every Even date in Feb. Mar. Jun. July. Sep. & Oct.

Train Fare
(per person)
Delux Soft Berth:US$180
Soft Berth: US$147
Hard Berth: US$99
Jun 4, 2004 04:26
  • GRIFFITHS
Thank You for your reply. Maybe you could help further??? If we are going to visit Hong Kong, Beijing and Xian which way would you suggest?? Also would you suggest travelling by train or internal flights?? Would you book from England yourself or go through the Travel Agent?? Because this is our first ever visit and there is only myself and my Husband who is not very confident do you think we would be better on a Travelsphere organised tour???????
Jun 4, 2004 09:36
  • JOJO2
If I were your, I would prefer train. Two reasons!
One is train is cheaper than flight. The airflight from Hong Kong to Beijing is about $355, though it would only take you several hours.

The other is I can enjoy the scenery of the two sides. By air is quite fast of course (especially for business). But travelling by train should have been a great fun which can not be replaced by any other transportation.
When you look out of the train window, You will see the mountain, the river, the small valley and so on...
When I see some farmers or sheep far away, I feel very excited.
And we play games on train...so interesting.
To tell the truth, I really envy the European people, they have the comfortable trains...

Aug 19, 2004 01:09
  • NU83
Are those prices for a one way trip or round trip? Also can you tell me the diference between the hard sleeper and soft sleeper?

I will be in Beijing from Sept. - January, I would love to visit Hong Kong also.
Aug 19, 2004 09:27
  • LESAIGNEUR
http://www.tiglion.com/english/travel/china/train.html

CHINA TRAIN SCHEDULE
Aug 19, 2004 09:43
  • DALE
If it is your first time to visit China, I think you'd better book an arrangement or an itinerary via travel agnecy.

To LESAIGNEUR: Your post is quite helpful!!
Thanks ^_^
Aug 19, 2004 10:33
  • DAISY
Of course, the price is of one way.
Soft sleeper is much comfortable than the hard sleeper. Four people will share one soft carriage while six in hard sleeper.
Post a Reply to: Trains from Hong Kong to Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code