Menu
Spoiled Single children or.......?
Oct 28, 2005 00:40
  • KYLE
So China decided because of over population that there should be a rule to one child per family.
As an English teacher I can see first hand some of the effects. Some of the children act similar to those in my country.
In Canada I can notice the difference between my friends with siblings and my friends that were only children. The children with no siblings were always spoiled. If you are spoiled you develop certain characteristics. Since you are used to getting what the want, when you wanted it, you become selfish and disrespectful. Since you have constant attention you crave to be noticed constantly. Since everything is only yours, you don’t know how to share. Since life was so easy as a child you may find it extremely difficult when you hit the "real" world. What do you think? What are some benifits of growing up alone? How is this going to effect Chinas future generation?
Oct 28, 2005 00:53
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Kyle,the policy is only one child in one family,except the MINORITY(They can have two)!!!
Because of the problem of China:Our plowland covered 7% of the worlds',but our population is about 22% of the totally!The policy of "Planning Birth"is useful for our country to control the population.As your words,it is only have some bad problems.I usually worried about the next generations of China!
The benefits of "ONLY ONE CHILD" is reducing the family's burden.You know,how expensive of the education fee,it is difficult to a common chinese family!!!

Oct 28, 2005 01:41
  • RITA
Familay burdens (sweet and sour) fall into the following two categories:

1, Parents' burden when their chidren are young&dependent;
2, Grown-up children's burden to support their aged parents (and grandparents).

Which is heavier?
Oct 29, 2005 12:45
  • GAZ07
I disagree.

I'm an only child and I wouldn't consider myself selfish, spoiled or disrespectful and i really don't like to be centre of any attention. I think that all depends on the way your parents raised you.

The biggest problem i've found is that i don't know how to make friends again after an argument (because i didn't have a bro/sis to practice on!)

The good points are that it has helped me get a better education, my future is more secure and my family never needed to miss out on anything because 1 child is less expensive than 2.

I won't be having any children =)
Post a Reply to: Spoiled Single children or.......?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code