Menu
UK passport - Hong Kong to Shenzhen visa
Nov 1, 2005 06:35
  • SIMONCHIU168
Been searching around but still confused! Will be visiting Hong Kong with wife for 5 days (22/1/06 – 26/1/06) and would like go over and stay in Shenzhen for the last 2 nights to do some shopping (via KCR to Lowu).

1)Where should we get our visa? In UK, in HK or at Lowu on the day (really not sure if this is allowed for UK passports!). How much is it for a single entry?
2)Would like to catch a direct bus/coach from SZ/Lowu back to HK International Airport on 26/1/06 for an afternoon flight (2:35pm), where should we go to do that?
Nov 2, 2005 23:03
  • BONG
I'm sorry to say that getting visa in LOWU border is not advisable for UK passport holder.
You will be charged unreasonable amount on visa fee if you proceed to the border w/o it.
Only non-reciprocal countries can go there and apply for visa.
The best thing that you can do is obtain a visa in your country or in HK.
Check this website for visa fees and detailed info.

chinatravel1.com/english/useful/chinesevisa.htm

For bus from Lowu to HKIA,
You must ride the KCR from LOWU to SHEUNG SHUI then proceed to A43 bus to reach HKIA

Check this website for A43 bus info:
www.kmb.hk/english.php

Hope this will help you a lot

Nov 3, 2005 06:59
  • SIMONCHIU168
Bong,

Many thanks for the info. Most useul.

Do you (or anyone else) have any advice on Guang Dong Hotel and Best western Felicity in Shenzhen for a 2 night stay? 1 day shopping at LCC and 1 day at Dong Man shops.

Thank you in advance.
Nov 27, 2005 23:46
  • BONG
Guangdong hotel in Louhu is presentable and a good hotel for foreigners too.
Mostly I see HK & Japanese nationals resides there.
The best is, its near at Dongmen commercial area and Shenzhen Metro(Laojie station).
Louhu commercial center is a worth for a visit too but I like Dongmen than LCC
For nights out, there’s a few bars there like “True Colors” which is located also in Dongmen.
See shenzhenparty.com for detailed info.
If you really want a haven for western foreigners, you can go to “Sea World” in Shekou.
Many western expatriates live in Shekou.
Nov 29, 2005 05:31
  • DODDAR
Hi there, I am British citizen,and I always travel with my Italian friend to Shenzhen direct from HK airport as soon as he arrive, now, listen what to do as follows if you have no Chinese visa when you arrive HK:

Option 1, if you will stay in HK anyway, then take express train to city and check in hotel either HK or Kowloon side, if Hk side, go to Wanchai foreign affair office at Chinese Resources building to get express visa, only in morning 9;00 on ward until noon, you will get it, if you arrive later then 11.30, then your visa only ready by 3;00pm, also the same in Kowloon side, go to China travel at Mongkok in person, and get visa as above but time spend will double.

Option 2, if you want to go strict to Shenzhen, presume your flight arrive morning before 10;am, then get out arrival hall, go left hand side direct to shuttle bus cost HK180 to Shenzhen in 1 hour, stop at HuangGuang (not Lohu), by 10am, visa office start to proceed foreigner visa, take a photo at the machine next door, maximium one hour to get what your want, multi visa at HK1000, single 450, but if you only travel Shenzhen city behind second border (that is the not suburb, you can just pay HK80per day as day trip, (this also possible at Lohu railway station), but it's stupid to spend 100 expressway 1 hour time (or bus Hk24) to go to HK city, Kowloon station, change to MTR underground to Kowloon Tong, another HK24 then change to train (another Hk30) to go to LOWU station to go to border.....

Ok La......have fun

Oct 2, 2009 08:26
GUEST70158 hi, can anyone tell me if the shenzhen visa office at luohu operates only during office hours? Thank you.
Oct 9, 2009 20:38
  • ELLYSE
If I'm not wrong, the Luohu border is open 0600--0000 daily.
Oct 2, 2011 03:22
GUEST73419 Hi, I am planning to go to HK 20 Oct and want to do a day trip to Shenzen. I have a British passport - can I get a visa at the border and how much please? Thank you.
Oct 8, 2011 09:26
GUESTJAN Like my son with British passport going to Shenzhen is now eligible for RMB 470. You can.
Nov 8, 2011 23:12
GUEST30211 I crossed the border yesterday 08.11.2011, the fee has gone down to 304RMB for UK citizens, relations must have thawed a little recently. You still have to go to the Lo Wu border, payment in RMB only. The whole process took 10 minutes and could not be more straightforward.
Dec 17, 2011 15:38
GUESTANWAR Hi aim British I have a flighting to hk on 26/12 /2011, I do have a turrets visa from uk ,how easy can cross the border from hk to Shenzhen for 15 day holiday ?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: UK passport - Hong Kong to Shenzhen visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code