Menu
Need advice on travel to Shantou (Guangdong)
Nov 2, 2005 23:20
  • MUIJIN

Hi,
I am going to Shantou for one week.
Could anyone give me information where to stay (about us$ 40-50 or less), transport and places to visit?

Thanks
Nov 8, 2005 09:55
  • JABAROOTOO
Don't know if you have searched this site but there is a tab 'HOTEL' at the top of the page where you can search hotels in many Chinese cities. You'll get the price in US$ the rating and most likely some photos and a list of hotel facilities.

They have a few in Shantou that fit your budget and there is another that is not listed - the International Hotel for around US$100 per night although should have good discounts in December.

They say there is not much to see in Shantou but that depends intirely on where your interests lie but you may want to vist nearby Mayu Dao (Island) and Chaozhou city just a little north which is an ancient commercial and trading port with some of the old city wall and gates remaining, especially around the Guangji Gate.
Anyway it's about an hour from Shantou by mini bus with a few Temples worth a visit and Jinshan Ancient Pine near the north of the city wall is reportedly a pleasant area to walk. It makes a good day trip.

Hope this is of some use to you and may I suggest a search online may give you a little more information.

Enjoy your visit
Nov 8, 2005 16:53
  • PINETREE
Used to do quite a lot of business in Shantou and visited there regularly until about 8 yrs ago. Then there wasn't much for sightseeing there, though I am certain that the general situation must have changed/improved over these yrs.
Generally there isn't much natural scenic landscape in GD province as compared to the other provinces. Nonetheless enjoy your trip and tell us more after yor visit.
Post a Reply to: Need advice on travel to Shantou (Guangdong)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code