Menu
orphanages in shenzhen
Nov 3, 2005 19:10
  • ELMAZ
anyone can tell me if i can go to any orphanage in shenzhen to volunteer,make a donation n entertain d kids.
Nov 3, 2005 22:16
  • ETHNICEAST
for the same cost and efforts and for better response and maximum effect of your volunteering spirit, you might want to consider poor country like burma...just a suggestion.

Jul 25, 2008 02:51
GUESTIXONE I am working in Shenzhen and I am also looking for some orphanage in Shenzhen where I could share my time with children.

I would really appreciate if someone could give me some information about it.

BR
Ixone
Oct 31, 2008 09:48
GUEST61254 I live in HK and would like to visit and do volunteer work at shenzhen orphanages. Could someone please let me know how I could contact them? My email address is netvigator.com|sasha1.... Thanks.
Nov 25, 2008 23:34
GUEST89175 you can ask Brenda at Island ECC church. They visit SZ orphanage every saturday.
http://www.islandecc.com/index.htm
Mar 28, 2009 04:55
GUEST44192 We are trying to establish a relationship (big brother super sister program) with a local orphanage in Shenzhen as well. If anyone can share the locations of the orphanages, would really appreciate it..

cobyusa.com|Jones_kim or msn.com|JK_racing
May 16, 2009 22:57
GUEST29112 I have already received several emails wanting to team up to do volunteer work in Shenzhen orphanages.

We have set up a BBBSS (big brother super sister) volunteer program, where we visit the orphanages on regular basis, simply to play with and provide brotherly / sisterly guidance. Our team in Shenzhen was able to establish a parternship, allowing our team to visit on regular basis. However, they are very reluctant and susupicous of our sincerity and dedication.

As you can imagine, Shenzhen orphanages are constantly bombarded with foreignors wanting come by and help. But the orphanages already have a well staffed workers and a routine program scheduled. That in conjuction with foreignors that have given negative publicity, they don't want our volunteer work. We are nothing but nuisance to them.

So, if you really want to volunteer. Here's my recommendation.

A. Present them that you are sincere and committed for a long term volunteer work, at least one year. Be persistent.
B. Partner up with a local school or church that may already have a voluteer program established with the orphanage, or
C. Go to 1,000's of other orphanages that are under funded (unlike Shenzhen) and are filled with infants to teenagers that really do need your volunteer work.

I recommend option C. Also, instead of trying to satisfy your immediate desire to help. Try organizing a long term volunteer programs in your school or work. This may yield better results for short term and long term. If you want assistance in establishing volunteer programs. I would be more than glad to help. Again, I can be reached via cobyusa.com|jones_kim or msn.com|jk_racing

Like many of the African and South American coutnries, there are literally hundreds of thousands of orphans in China. Chinese gov't doe not want to make it public. But, that is a fact, a very sad reality. These children need our help. Let's try one child at a time. We can do it!

May God lead your heart and do great and mighty work through you.
Oct 1, 2010 22:27
GUEST12896 Thanks for the insights Kim. Was researchiing on starting a Care Givers Group here in Shenzhen and would definitely look into option C as my main goal. God spoke through you to give me the directions.

Yours In Faith,
Roy Lim
gmail.com|limroy

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST29112 View Post

I have already received several emails wanting to team up to do volunteer work in Shenzhen orphanages.

We have set up a BBBSS (big brother super sister) volunteer program, where we visit the orphanages on regular basis, simply to play with and provide brotherly / sisterly guidance. Our team in Shenzhen was able to establish a parternship,...
Jun 21, 2011 04:59
GUESTELEN & ... Hi I'm Paul from italy i start long way for adoption.
I need receive information for the best way to know legal orfanage that works for international adoption.
Best Regards
Helen & Paul

hotmail.it|paul754
Post a Reply to: orphanages in shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code