Menu
Wow!
Nov 3, 2005 20:03
  • PEA28COCK
A latest news said that if you visit Mt. Huangshan from December to February, you can save a mount of money.Every this time of the year is a low season for Mt. Huangshan. And this year at this period of time the admission fee of this famous scenic attraction will be only 15% to 40% of the origial price. An exciting news, right? Then come on, guys!
Nov 3, 2005 20:08
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,peacock!In Beijing,the LOW SEASON PRICE were executed from 1st NOV.For example,the Summer Palace is 20RMB,Beihai Park is 5RMB......

Nov 3, 2005 20:18
  • RITA
WOW! I can't believe it!:))))))

You have adorably overreacted I think, peacock.:-)

Huangshang is worth a visit, maybe two. But about 200 yuan is enough to cover the entrance fees including the cable car, is it really worth to visit the Huangshan in such a harsh season only to save about only 60-80 yuan? Who will afford the flight tickets or the train fares?
Nov 3, 2005 20:24
  • SEAGULL
The low season in China is the peak season in Singapore. We pay more for travelling between Nov to Feb. There are many holiday period in these 4 months. Besides, we have the school holidays in Nov/Dec. Well, at least we can save some money on China trips. A 8-day trip to China will cost about S$1300 or rmb 6500.
Nov 3, 2005 20:37
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, rita, I really have no idea about your words 'harsh season'. Why do you use 'harsh'? It seems that you think the cutting of the price will reduce the beauty of Mt. Huangshan, right?
As for the flight tickests or train fares, you yourself have to pay for it. It is you not any other people who come to visit it. :)
Nov 3, 2005 20:45
  • RITA
I mean the mere discount of the entrance fees can not save much of the whole trip, the majority part of the cost is from the transportation, as most of us do not live close to Huangshang.

"Harsh season" I meant Dec to Jan were not so good to visit the area, even though it locates in south China. Or for saving entrance fee's sake, don't you agree?
Nov 3, 2005 20:53
  • PEA28COCK
Hey, rita, I get you idea. Well yes you are right. Most of the cost comes from transportation not the scenic attraction itself. The cost for transportation will be extremely hight for those attractions which lie in remote areas.
As for the meaning of 'low season' for an attraction is that a certain period of time is not the best time to visit it. Dec to Jan is not the best season to visit Mt. Huangshan. That's the reason for the lowering of the price.
Nov 3, 2005 20:56
  • PEA28COCK
And in the low season the managers of attractions have to think of some ways to attract tourists, right? Lowering the price is one of the most popular ways.
Nov 3, 2005 21:02
  • RITA
Absolutely, Peacock. ;-)

Nov 3, 2005 21:08
  • CALIFORNIA
I like travelling in these seasons,one of the most importand reason is less persons and queitly conditions!!!
Usually,I go to the Summer Palace or the other parks for taking photos when it snowed!!!I like it very much!

Nov 4, 2005 00:08
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, California, you are right. In the low seasons, there are fewer persons. But the point is that the people are also very busy in the hot seasons for most of the scenic attractions. What a pity! :(
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Wow!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code