Menu
Friends ..... or Food?
Nov 17, 2005 09:38
  • JABAROOTOO
To my knowledge I've never eaten dog meat and don't think I ever will. When you've had them as friends and pets most of your life it is hard to imagine them on the table who ever carefully prepared.

We had a similar dilema recently in Australia with one of our National Icons the Kangaroo. Once only eaten by Aboriginals and bushmen who considered them good 'tucker', it is now freely available around the country, offered as hamburger meat at 'tourist' venues and even exported overseas.

When cooked properly it is quite delicious but for most of us it is hard to eat our beloved 'Skippy'.

Nov 17, 2005 09:56
  • PINETREE
It is all in the mind & politics. Indeed what's wrong with eating dogs ?
Just because we are used to having dogs near us, we try to be humanised by not eating them. What about those chickens that we reared in our own backyards for fun - we eat them too when the time is ripe.
The other reason against eating dogs is political. A great deal of matters is related to politics - unfortunately.
Majority don't eat dog - someone said. China, Korea & Japan (which used to eat dogs until recently ) made up of more than 30% of the world population.
When one is hungry, one eats everything. Some people eat human too. How about that ?
Nov 17, 2005 20:24
  • PINETREE
Once upon a time in the future, an epidemic will spread amongst the dogs & cats. These domicile animals will be wiped out and Man would be left without pets to cuddle.
Man will turn to other alternatives and take in the monkeys/apes as their pets. Apes are more intelligent than dogs/cats - they are also strong. They will become not just Man's pets but servants/workers as well.
Then ONE DAY ...........
Jun 11, 2006 22:58
  • SAIDYIS
I don't eat any flesh just like other religions and beliefs I do what I do.So they eat dog,I don't agree with it.,Why can anyone choose any animal one pleases and murder them then eat em but human is thought so poorly of...I haven't tride yet times change though!!!!!! so sue me.
Munch on an old grandmasleg not too controversial
Jun 13, 2006 17:55
  • GRIZ326
My closest companion is a wonderful old dog. I will never eat her. She would be too tough by now. ;)

I ate a freshly killed coyote last November. It was okay, but I did not cook it well enough. Maybe I'll do a better job of preparation next time.

I have eaten dog and cat in many places in the world. While not my favorite meat, I find nothing wrong with it.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Friends ..... or Food?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code