Menu
Job hunting!
Nov 3, 2005 20:13
  • PEA28COCK
It is really very difficult to find a job nowadays, especially in China, a country with tremendous population. Almost all the companies need experienced candidates to serve them immediately. However what about those fresh men? They urgently need someone or some companies to give them opportunities to prove themselves. It is true that all the experienced persons were the fresh hands at the first, right?
Nov 3, 2005 20:22
  • PEA28COCK
And for most of the time the number of certificates you have can decide wether you can be employed or not. If you have a lot of certificates in your hand, you will have more chance. Otherwise you will be definitely kicked out immediately even though how professional you are in the position you apply for. I think this is ridiculous. Sometimes certificates can prove one's ability, but for most of the time they cannot, especially nowadays.
Nov 4, 2005 00:14
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, Wocca, you are definitely right. Ideal work is not easy to get. For most of the time people have to do the work they don't like in order to live. There are so many people who cant find a job. Most of them are with low or no special skills, just physical force.
Nov 4, 2005 02:38
  • CONNY129
I found it is much easier for a foreigner to make fortune in China ,especially teaching English ,they would get much higher payment than domestic teachers no matter if they are qualified enough ,just because their mother tongue is English do they have the qualification ,I doubt .
Nov 4, 2005 02:49
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, Conny, Wocca may get a little bit angry. He is a teacher in university. :)
I guess most of them having no certificates, but that's not important, if they are good and qualified teachers, right?
Nov 4, 2005 02:58
  • CONNY129
I did not aim at Wocca or somebody else ,I just tell the truth , a good teacher (we discussed before the topic ) is not the man who got many certifications or higher degree ,but who devote wholehearted ,I believe all the teachers in our forum are qualified judged by their words and deeds .
what's the other popular occupations in China for foreigners ?
Nov 4, 2005 03:06
  • PEA28COCK
I guess that host for some programms on TV or radio is also a kind of popular occupation. :)
Nov 4, 2005 03:13
  • ETHNICEAST
one newspaper recently reported that there are 8,600 available jobs in the civil service and one millions applicants. so fresh graduates or decayed ones, better start looking out for yourself somewhere else, if not be more creative and/or go for some entreprenuer courses or works. you need more than luck!

Nov 4, 2005 03:20
  • PEA28COCK
God helps those who help themselves. Only knowledge and industriousness can bring you good luck and help you conquer difficulties.
Nov 6, 2005 19:19
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, Wocca, you must be a good teacher, I guess. I can tell from your pictures that you love your students. :)
Post a Reply to: Job hunting!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code