Menu
Mid-Late November still a good time to Visit? HELP!! Thx
Nov 4, 2005 10:41
  • MEICHOW
Hi

I am interested in the question of Season/Timing to visit Jiu Zhai Gou. Is mid-late November still a good time or is everything frozen?

I am only able to make it in mid to late november ~ I have checked that tours do operate [and as Patricia mentions above, you can appreciate it at a less crowded time]

But some tour guides have told me that you 'might as well not go as most things have become ice' so there is nothing left to see.

Is that an accurate judgment of Jiu Zhai Gou in mid-late November?

Thanks!
Nov 5, 2005 00:35
  • SAYHITOANT
I visited Jiuzhaigou on 23 Oct 05. The leaves have started to change to yellow, orange, red. It was very beautiful indeed! However, certain parts of the areas are still in green. I believe it would be most beautiful towards the end of Oct 05. By Mid of Nov,I afraid most of the colourful leaves would have fallen. But I think it is still worth a visit as you would see a very different kind of scenary in Jiuzhaigou.

My tour guide told me that Jiuzhaigou is beautiful throughout the year. But the photos taken by my friends who visited Jiuzhaigou during summer were only so so. Hence, if I have the opportunities the visit Jiuzhaigou again, I would prefer to go during winter.
Nov 5, 2005 19:46
  • MEICHOW
Thank you so much!

I am truly stuck between putting my name down to go and not going ...

Because i have been told different things by different people

The main concern one tour guide told me is that "all the water will be frozen" so there will be nothing to see...

Is that true?!

[Yes i have also seen photos of the leaf-less trees in winter ... a DIFFERENT type of scenery as u said, but very nice!]
Nov 8, 2005 20:09
  • MEICHOW
it would probably be guilin or hainan

but the thing is, if possible, we'd VERY much like to go to jiu zhai gou

so the Q is, is it worth the risk [of disappointment]?
Nov 9, 2005 22:46
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi Meichow,
I just spoke with frineds who were in Juizhaigou over this past weekend and while it was cold the sun came out and it was wonderful.

Fall has been late this year so if you have the chance to go then why not take it. it takes a lot to freeze water. I'm sure it won't happen in a week or two.

Enjoy
Nov 10, 2005 10:02
  • MEICHOW
Oh really? so they just came back this weekend?!

That sounds good then ...

i guess i am seeking support to say that i should go but i dont wanna risk disappointment that's all

well ok, ive been getting conflicting opinions but i will be heading down to the travel agent on friday as soon as my exams are over!

hopefully ill have the courage [and money!] then to make the move.

thanks guys!
Post a Reply to: Mid-Late November still a good time to Visit? HELP!! Thx
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code