Menu
Lost in Fujian - Please Help!
Nov 6, 2005 10:24
  • HYSENGRIN
Hello,

I'm new on this forum, sorry if my message doesn't come in the good folder... I'm in Kaili (Guizhou) right now - near Guiyang - and I would like to go to Yongding next, to discover the Hakka earth houses. I'm traveling overland: does anyone know how to get from there to there without spending days and days in train and bus???? Thanks a lot in advance if someone can give me a clue,

Hysengrin
Nov 6, 2005 11:00
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi there,
Longyan is the jump off point to Yongding. If you are not wanting to spend too long on trains then take a plane to Xiamen. Longyan is 4/5 hours away by bus or train.
Alternatively you could fly into Nanchang in Jiangxi province and go overland from there.
A lot really depends on how much time you have and what else you want to see.

Have a read of my travel review 'Strongholds of the Southern Hakka' if you haven't already for some more information.

Did you contact Louisa in Kaili ? She maybe able to help you out with information too.

Check train and plane schedules linked to this site - top left icons to see what is avalailable.

You'll enjoy Yongding. I certainly did. Have a good trip and post when you are finished, won't you.
Post a Reply to: Lost in Fujian - Please Help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code