Menu
Cheap hotels in Shanghai
Nov 13, 2005 03:10
  • CLARENCE
Hi people. I'm planning to visit Shanghai for my first stop in China before venturing off to some other places. I will probably be staying in Shanghai for about 3-4 days. Which is a good cheap hotel to stay in?

Presently I'm stuck between Astor House Hotel (Pu Jiang Fan Dian) and Captain Hostel (Chuan Chang Qing Nian Jiu Dian). So any views between these 2 hotels? Which is the more acessible one? Thanks!

Anyone keen to meet up when I'm there for a couple of drinks? Just drop me a mail ya? I will be reaching Shanghai on the 4th Nov morning and then I will move on to Xian for about 3 days and the rest of my 15 days in China is in Chengdu. Cheers!

Clarence
Nov 13, 2005 03:12
  • CLARENCE
Oops it's 4th Dec. Haha

Clarence
Nov 13, 2005 06:35
  • ELCABRON
Hi Clarence!

I stayed in both and both of them are a good choice.

Captain Hostel is a renovated colonial building, which lost its historical character in the inside because of it. But with 55-60 Yuan the dorm is a little bit cheaper than Astor House and its location is a little bit more convinient(FuzhouLu is parallel to NanjingLu). Facilities are new and in Western style, of course.

The Astor House is located at the end/beginning of the Bund behind this tower monument on the other side of the old iron bridge over the little Suzhou river (15 Minutes walk to NanjingLu). But it is the first and oldest hotel of Shanghai in a completely preserved colonial style. Dorm costs 70 Yuan (quite pricy) and the facilities of the dorm are in old style but you can breath the history....
I would recommend the huge doubles if you travel with a partner and want to enjoy the true colonial architecture.

For more details read my accomodation tips of Shanghai.

Have fun!
Post a Reply to: Cheap hotels in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code