Menu
romantic hotel in Shanghai?
Nov 14, 2005 14:37
  • ESCALADORA
Hello~

I'm looking for suggestions on a romantic hotel, in Shanghai. Something not so business like or a big chain like the Four Season, Hyatt etc. It's for my boyfriend's birthday and I'm looking for something nice, maybe tucked out of the way...anyone have any good ideas?

Thx!
Nov 14, 2005 16:04
  • ELCABRON
Now there is someone pushing the right button: romance, love...the deepest feelings! No cold glass&concrete bunker atmosphere.....nonono!

You need a place with character, a place with heart! Only a place with living historical atmosphere offers all that plus a bag of chips:

Tada, it is the one and only, the first and oldest hotel of Shanghai, the place where the first lightbulb and the first phone in China was installed, the place where the first movie was shown in China, it is the mother of all Shanghai hotels....

..the ASTOR HOUSE!

or PuJiang Hotel at the beginning of the Bund. You have to cross the romantic little iron bridge over the Suzhou River - like Pont Neuf over the Seine in Paris....yes, it is a lovers bridge, an island of love in this huge, busy megametropolis of Shanghai.

Why do you think people like Bertrand Russell, Charlie Chaplin and Albert Einstein chose this place?
History is preserved in this building, lovely decorated doubles with old wooden floor, stucco works on the ceiling (I mean the real stucco works, not the cheap-wanne-be-when-Im-grown-up-copies) are waiting for you. These rooms respond to your emotions....

(I think I should ask for provisions from the Astor House for my public relations work;-)
For more details check my lodging tips of Shanghai

Post a Reply to: romantic hotel in Shanghai?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code