Menu
Attitude toward money?
Nov 21, 2005 10:05
  • CALIFORNIA
Loan from the bank is more and more popular now:-)

Nov 21, 2005 18:49
  • PEA28COCK
Well, yes, California, loan is popular now. However the point is that it is very difficult for the poor to get loan from the bank, because they have no regular job and nothing for mortagage. What makes the whole funny is that it is the poor who need loan most. Ridiculous!! :)
Nov 21, 2005 19:02
  • GIREESH
Hi friends !

It is nice to know the perceptions of different people about money and savings. Kudos to the one who started this discussion. I feel this is also a kind of cultural exchange.

My experience is that you wont save money unless you have a defenite chief aim in your life. It is always better to save money rather than going for loans. But if we look from a different angle, TIME IS MONEY. So it is not pragmatic to wait until you save the required sum as that may lead to losing the opportunity.

So I feel taking loans/saving for a purpose are equally imp depending on the situation/objective.

Regards,
Gireesh Nambiar

Nov 22, 2005 02:47
  • CALIFORNIA
To Peacock:You know,china has the largest population in the world,and every places has different conditions!and our Credit System is not consummated,but it is getting better and better in the city,even in the big city!"Use your tomorrow money and make your dream come true" is a fashion now!But now,the new problem is coming,for the youth,they have houses and cars,and they also have debt,they are not richman(富翁),we call them subtractive man(负翁)!!!
I think we should do according to our abilities!

Nov 22, 2005 02:56
  • PEA28COCK
Hi, California, subtractive man(负翁) is really new and a little funny for me! Who first created this word? :)
Nov 22, 2005 03:00
  • CALIFORNIA
I just read this word from a Real-Estate Newspaper:-)Actually,I don't know who creat it!

Nov 22, 2005 03:23
  • CONNY129
many new created words or phrases have double meanings nowadays .
take Moonlight Goddess for example , which has a new meaning refers to those fashionable ladies who spend all their salary out each month without any saving .moon refers to month ,and light means spend out :P they just use the another meaning of the Chinese character ,but quite impressive and funny ^_*
Nov 22, 2005 03:38
  • PEA28COCK
Excellent example!! That's the mystery and charm of Chinese characters. I like Chinese and hold that it is the most beautiful and enigmatic language in the world.

My words will cause some disagreements, I bet! :)
Nov 22, 2005 07:36
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,peacock,for an english example,what's the meaning of PK???It is so popular in this year,because of the Super Girls!

Nov 22, 2005 17:10
  • GAZ07
Subtractive man! That's good. I gotta remember that for the future =) But i agree. Although i was $5,000 in debt, people throughout China thought i was rich! And they didn't believe me no matter how many times i told them i wasn't!

Anyway, a new point. In England it has become VERY easy to get a loan and there is LOTS and LOTS of advertising to promote loans and credit cards. The companies even offer gifts if you use their credit cards. Is it the same in China?
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Attitude toward money?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code