Menu
PINGYAO...ONE or TWO DAYS?
Nov 15, 2005 05:10
  • CHIIIINITA
Well, in fact I already know that Pinyao is a really nice place to visit...but also, that it is pretty small! So what do you think, should I stay there for one or for two days?
The think is that if one day is enough, I would like to visit other places the second one...but may be just a day is like rushing!!! I don,t know...
What do you think?
Nov 16, 2005 05:48
  • LINGJIE
Datong is also a beautiful place for tour.
Nov 16, 2005 06:18
  • CHIIIINITA
Thank you for answering... :)

The problem is that I am living in Beijing at the moment, because I am studing chinese...that means that I just have the weekend to travel, from Friday evening to Monday early in the morning.

I assume that with your answer, you think that to spend one day in Pingyao is enought...

But do you think it is suitable to take a train to Datong, see the caves, then at the evening take another nighttrain to Pingyao or to Taiyuan, spend the day there, and take another train back to Beijing that night to arrive on the Monday´s morning...?

I just wonder if its going to be enjoyable or just exhausting...
But I think that is what I am going to do!

In any case, thanks again :D
Nov 16, 2005 21:00
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Chiiinita,I had this plan in the Oct. holiday,but it didn't come true!I will go there in some weekend!
I only have two days,and we have two choice:
1st:Datong for two days:Yungang Cave,Xuankong Temple and so on;
2nd:Taiyuan and Pingyao!
Have a nice trip!

Nov 17, 2005 08:04
  • CHIIIINITA
Yes...I think that trying to do it at once it´s just impossible, beeing in a lot of places without really enjoing any of them!

And as you said, it´s better to divide my stressing plan into two little ones...So I´ll do the second option: Taiyuan and Pingyao!!! :D

Bye!!!

Aug 8, 2006 04:15
  • RITA
Hi,

I am planning on a weekend trip to Pingyao this month, but after some research I could not find the information on how to get back to Xian. I will take an overnight train to Taiyuan and get off in Pingyao station, but I heard there were no tickets allowance in Pingyao to anywhere(IS that still true??), and my recent travel plan does not cover Taiyuan. So, if I can't get a ticket back directly from PY, I will have to take a bus to Taiyuan and catch a train back to Xian there, which will cost a few valuable hours and some extra rush-abouts.

Anyone has any tips to offer or anything new? Thank you.
Aug 9, 2006 00:47
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Rita,

Is there a bus???and the overtime train from Pingyao to Xi'an,I think you can buy a hard sleeper ticket in the train.

Good luck!
Aug 9, 2006 03:35
  • RITA
California,

I hope so, i will find a way back anyway, maybe i should just go:-).
I try not to overplan it. :D
Aug 9, 2006 20:10
  • CALIFORNIA
Good luck,haha:-)
Aug 21, 2006 17:26
  • CHIIIINITA
Sorry for answering this late...perhaps you have already done the trip, but I am back to my country and do not visit the web as often as I used to! :)

In any case, I repeated the journey again this July with all my family, and trains direct from Xian to Pingyao were available...but you cannot imagine those trainssss! It was soooo hot inside, at least about 40ºC or more, no airconditioning in the end of July, my mother nearly faints. If I were you, I would "waist" 1 or 2 hours and around 30RMB going to Taiyuan and from there going to Pingyao, seriously...connections and trains are much better there!

In any case, good luck! and enjoy your travelling!
Aug 21, 2006 20:02
  • RITA
Thank you very much, Chiiiiinita! I haven't been to Pingyao yet, but i will, soon, when it cools down a little bit.

Again, thank you, that's very helpful.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: PINGYAO...ONE or TWO DAYS?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code