Menu
Forum Announcement: No offensive&sensitive posts about politics please
Nov 22, 2005 19:24
  • CATHERINE
Dear all users of TravelChinaGuide Community,

First of all, thank you for visiting this forum!

We've found recently some offensive & sensitive posts about politics appeared in the forum. Such posts are not welcomed in this forum, and will be removed immediately without notice.

We do hope more topics about China can be discussed here with a positive attitude, and wish you enjoy your stay here!

Sincerely,

Forum Moderator
Nov 23, 2005 17:48
  • GAZ07
I notice all the pro-china posts are not deleted yet they are also regarding the same sensitive political issues.
Nov 24, 2005 18:13
  • GAZ07
Yes, Wocca, i couldn't agree more.

What i'm saying is surely it is better to delete the "sensitive polital topic" altogether rather than allow people to comment on one opinion, yet delete a different opinion as if it doesn't exist.
Nov 28, 2005 02:17
  • BENJAMIN
I fear if all the postings on this forum paint a pretty picture of China, we will be doing our best to mislead - both members and visitors alike. After all in amongst the grime, filth and wheeling and dealing this country has on offer, are the hearts of the people that really make it tick. I'm sure one would agree. People truly interested in coming to China want more than a Rosy over view of five star resorts and well trodden tourist traps. I will keep telling it as i see it - no more no less. However, i will keep in mind the finer points of diplomacy - preaching my sermon's in such a way, as to reflect the glories of the People's Republic in a halo of god blessed purity.
Nov 28, 2005 03:31
  • ETHNICEAST
i kind of think that if anyone have any real experience with any issue while visiting china or working with local chinese, it is helpful to write about it whether it be about their encounter with the officials or official policies, so that others can be aware of it and respond to it. but if you are writing without any personal experience whatsoever and is with the intention of opposing local policy with a foreign policy, you should state you are just expressing your view. this is only a travel guide forum for related matters, maybe you should take it up with another forum. In any case, i repeat, it should have personal experience and not on behalf of other country, friend or policy.
Dec 4, 2005 23:40
  • SNOWBIRD
Smile!!

Post a Reply to: Forum Announcement: No offensive&sensitive posts about politics please
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code