Menu
Top Ten Beautiful Mountains in China
Nov 24, 2005 20:21
  • CONNY129
I can't understand the relationship between our population and foreigner :(

imo, the east and southeast area of China have been developed well and you can touch the vibrant of modern China in many coastal cities ,but what foreigners (I only refer to those tourists)really want to see is not how civilization and modernization China is , but the ancient and mysterious orient. agree?
Nov 24, 2005 20:37
  • CALIFORNIA
I can understand you,conny!

How many persons can travel around China now???It is less,but the quantity increase very fast every year!So tourism industry will not be fall in low stage in short time:-)

Why foreigners come to China for travelling???DO you want to travel in the other countries???If you want,why???I think the reason is similar!!!They are strange for us!!!

Nov 24, 2005 20:55
  • GAZ07
CONNY:
I think you're right - culture, history and amazing sights and scenery is what brings most travellers to China. But i think maybe you underestimate how modernisation and China's rapid change is also enticing foreign tourists to China!

I visited Emei Shan in Sichuan. Although on the way up there were no views, at the top and on the way down they were amazing. I thought the mountain still had a mysterious feel to it even though it has become slightly touristy.

It's quite a good mountain but sometimes i think it's overrated, probably because i compare it to the AMAZING Tiger Leaping Gorge!

Nov 24, 2005 21:01
  • SAYHITOANT
If I'm not wrong, I think most of the youngsters in Singapore prefer the modernised City of China such as Beijing & Shanghai while the older generation prefers the ancient and mysterious orient. Although I am quite young, I prefer the see the nature beauty of China, something which is very lacking in Singapore.
Nov 24, 2005 21:05
  • CALIFORNIA
IMO,Tiger Leaping Gorge is better than most of views!

Nov 24, 2005 21:30
  • CONNY129
gilled golden roof of potala will be closed ,they want to "keep the palace to the next generation in its good form." what else can be done to protect cultural resorts from destruction ?
Nov 25, 2005 00:10
  • MAY001
Well, the principles are:
1. It should have special attraction for appreciating;
2. It should have a typical physiognomy;
3. It should be higher than 1,000 meters and holds more natural zones;
4. It should holds great value in humanities.
5. It should not be overdeveloped by human beings.

The mountains in rural area are absolutely less developed. So maybe that's why they chose them.
Nov 25, 2005 00:23
  • CONNY129
" It should not be overdeveloped by human beings."

I finally got it .

yeah ,so that it should be "Top Ten UNDEVELOPED Beautiful Mountains in China " ,right ?
Nov 25, 2005 00:33
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,conny,you love Wu Yue so much!

Nov 25, 2005 00:34
  • MAY001
haha, conny, you got it!
Maybe they just want to be abnormal so that more people will pay attention to the magazine *o^
Think about the saleroom...
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Top Ten Beautiful Mountains in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code