I'll be in CQ for a month work starting mi-dec 05 with my 4 year
old boy. Does someone knows interesting and original things to do
& see for this age here and around?

Does someone have old detailed maps (before 2000) of cities along
the yangtze, from CQ to Yichang?
thank you
Nov 28, 2005 04:38
  • JABAROOTOO
Depends what you boy is interested in and what he has experienced before???

In Nanping you will find the Underwater World on Nanbin Lu and the 'Popular Science Centre' next to the southern approach to the Yangtze River Bridge. Can't miss the Ferris Wheel.

A stroll around the San Xia Square should interest a young lad day or night. Shaping Park and the Cultural Palace both offer rides and other activites. Nanbin Lu late afternoon and eveing is goo value too.

Check out Qiao Tian Men and the boats, Cruise ships and cargos. You may even be able to take a river taxi up to SiQiKou or across to Nanping.

There are two cable cars, one across the Yangtze and the other over the Jialing river and the Light Rail. All these offer good views and interesting travel options for kids but it will depend where you are from and what you've done in the past.

Chongqing Zoo has some Panda and the Tiger if you've never seen them before and they also have performance by animals like the tiger, bear and monkey and a bird show in the aviary which is pretty interesting.

The Peoples Great Hall may interest you and the New Three Gorges Museum always has something extra besides the regular exhibits. I haven't seen it all but you could may some inquiries about what is appro0priate for a young child if anything.

These are just some of the things that I know about and think worth the effort.

The map may be harder to find. Why the need for prior to 2000? Not that much has changed that you won't find on current maps. I have a pretty tatty 2002 issue which I still refer to but they bring a new one out every few months now.

Hope this is useful

Nov 28, 2005 04:40
  • JABAROOTOO
Depends what you boy is interested in and what he has experienced before???

In Nanping you will find the Underwater World on Nanbin Lu and the 'Popular Science Centre' next to the southern approach to the Yangtze River Bridge. Can't miss the Ferris Wheel.

A stroll around the San Xia Square should interest a young lad day or night. Shaping Park and the Cultural Palace both offer rides and other activites. Nanbin Lu late afternoon and eveing is goo value too.

Check out Qiao Tian Men and the boats, Cruise ships and cargos. You may even be able to take a river taxi up to SiQiKou or across to Nanping.

There are two cable cars, one across the Yangtze and the other over the Jialing river and the Light Rail. All these offer good views and interesting travel options for kids but it will depend where you are from and what you've done in the past.

Chongqing Zoo has some Panda and the Tiger if you've never seen them before and they also have performance by animals like the tiger, bear and monkey and a bird show in the aviary which is pretty interesting.

The Peoples Great Hall may interest you and the New Three Gorges Museum always has something extra besides the regular exhibits. I haven't seen it all but you could may some inquiries about what is appropriate for a young child if anything.

These are just some of the things that I know about and think worth the effort.

The map may be harder to find. Why the need for prior to 2000? Not that much has changed that you won't find on current maps. I have a pretty tatty 2002 issue which I still refer to but they bring a new one out every few months now.

Hope this is useful

Post a Reply to: what to do for a child in CQ ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code