Menu
Greetings from Changsha
Jun 21, 2004 09:37
  • ANNE
Hi,

I am teaching in Changsha for the last year and will stay here for some years to come.

Would be glad to try to help with information.

I am also seeking teachers to come and join me in this fascinating City and Province.

Please be aware that is is now very, very hot and humid!

Anne

Jun 21, 2004 10:21
  • BETH
Nice to meet you!
You really looks attractive in Chinese traditional cheong-sam (Qipao)!
Jun 21, 2004 11:51
  • CATHY001
Glad to know you are in Changsha! I just graduated from my University from Changsha last
year. It is really a nice place and I hope one day i'll have a chance to coma back.

Enjoy what you have! :)

Jun 21, 2004 12:32
  • ANNE
Thank you for your greetings. I am very happy here, in fact, coming to Changsha has changed my life! I have been fortunate to meet so many kind people, students, staff, Leaders and just the lovely, hospitable people of Changsha. I hope that more foreigners will come to live here and enjoy life and help Changsha in every field, especially, English.

Jun 21, 2004 13:39
  • CATHY001
There are also many many delicious local flavor in
Changsha, so many spicy food, I love them very much :)
Jun 21, 2004 19:51
  • ANNE
Yes, that is one of the many reasons I like Changsha! I love hot and spicy food, in fact I can bear it hotter than the Hunan people. I also find it very healthy!
Jun 22, 2004 07:16
  • ANNE
I can only speak as I see. We are all entitled to our own opinion. Perhaps living in Japan or Korea would suit you better. I have many options fortunately, and choose to live here in Changsha
Jun 22, 2004 09:25
  • DAISY
Wow, you are really an engaging lady with your own opinion about China, especially Changsha! During the years in Changsha, what impressed you most?
Jun 22, 2004 12:30
  • ANNE
Thank you Daisy. I think the kindness of everyone, and the great hospitality.The cheerful disposition of the people, sometimes in somewhat
difficult circumstances! One the down side, it must be, like all foreigners, the traffic! Crossing the street must the the most dangerous thing I have ever done in my life.

I am glad to see that the terrible, racist remarks to which I replied in my last message, have been removed! Thanks to administration!
Jun 22, 2004 14:04
  • AMOISIS
Hi, Anne! You are such a kind lady! Did you visit the famous and peaceful Zhangjiajie? What do you think about it?
Jun 24, 2004 08:20
  • ANNE
Hello,

No, I have not yet had the chance to visit, but some of my students worked there in the past and have brought me beautiful films of the park, complete with folk songs from the area. I love Traditional Chinese and Folk music and enjoy watching it on CCTV9 and on tapes and videos. I have worked in Tourism as well as Education and I hope to bring tourists to Hunan to enjoy the wonderful sites and scenery.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Greetings from Changsha
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code