Menu
travel tips
Nov 27, 2005 08:40
  • GRACECHUNG
I am going to Juizhaigou in March 2006. I am told the journey by coach from Mianyang to the national park takes 10 hours and it is bumpy, has many bends and curves.However it is a picturesque journey. Friends have suggested we fly in and take the coach back. What would you suggest?
The travel agent here has suggested 5star accomodation, but my group members think a 4 star accomodation might be very comfortable, but we are not sure if China's 4 star rating is really 3 star. Any advice?
Grace
Nov 27, 2005 22:17
  • SNOWBIRD
I took a flight there and return by coach.

The journey by coach there is probably over 10 hours. They start out very early (6 am) and speed all the way there in order to reach JZG by evening. This is because mountain roads are dangerous and hard to navigate. It is very steep, winding and also very narrow.

Taking a flight there is better. Besides you will get to enjoy fantastic mountain views when the plane is touching down. Remember to take the window seat.

Stay at the 5-star Jiuzhai Paradise. You won't regret it. Its such a beautiful hotel.

Nov 28, 2005 02:57
  • GRACECHUNG
Thank you snowbird for your comments on jzk.Very helpful for me n friends to decide how we will travel
Post a Reply to: travel tips
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code