Menu
Transportation from Pudong Airport to Shanghai City Centre
Nov 28, 2005 04:20
  • SONIAC
Booked a land package tour of Shanghai in early December. Was told by agent to meet at hote. downtown near the railway station. Would like to know the best way to get into the city from Pudong Airport. I don't know Mandarin. Anyone to help me?
Nov 28, 2005 18:44
  • CONNY129
there are seven special bus routes handle transfers from PIA to the city center
details : http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/getting-there.htm
Nov 30, 2005 04:39
  • ELLYSE
Which hotel are you at? I can arrange for my regular cabbie to pick you up at Pudong airport, if you want... drop me a message.
Dec 29, 2005 08:50
  • CENTRAL
Is it difficult to get a cab from Pudong Airport to the hotels? Can anyone give me a rough idea how much would the cab fare cost? Do we really have to bargain before getting into the cab? I saw in the Shanghai Airport website that there are hotel shuttle buses. Are those buses still available? Any idea how much do we have to pay for those buses.
Dec 29, 2005 10:14
  • PETERTU
There are 6 lines of shuttle bus from the Pudong Airport(PVG) to downtown, 6 lines to 6 difference locations, and I usually took #2, it cost me RMB19 ($2.3), these shuttle buses makes no stop in the middle, one stop at airport, the next stop is somewhere at downtown. Ask for help at the shuttle bus drivers, they will tell you which line to take. Usually you can get a cab after you get off the bus.

Or you can very easily get a cab at the airport, it costs about RMB150 to go to downtown.

Questions, just drop me an email, I go to China every month.
Dec 30, 2005 04:18
  • ELLYSE
The fare will vary according to where your hotel is, of course. I've been studying and living in Shanghai for the past 2.5 years, and I'll be happy to help with any questions.
Dec 30, 2005 05:30
  • ELCABRON
Yes, those Shuttle busses are best. I paid 15 Yuan, if I remember correctly. Return would be the same, those Shuttle Busses stop at the main hotels and than go to the airport nonestop.

There is also a shuttle bus connection between Pudong(Int.Flights) and Hongqiao Airport(withinCN) in Shanghai.

A joyride (but not the best connection to downtown) would be the Transrapid (cixuanfu lieche), but it is more expensive than shuttle bus and you still have to find connection from the stop at LongyangLu (Pudong) to the city center.....I havent tried it myself yet.
Dec 31, 2005 07:58
  • CENTRAL
I had booked Central Hotel. Any idea does the shuttle bus service from Airport to the hotel still available? Is it fare still 15 yuan?
Jan 2, 2006 00:35
  • JASONPENN
It takes me about RMB 140 from Pudong Airport to XinMei Hotel which near shanghai railway station.

Although the fare can vavy,I think nearly 140--160
Jan 2, 2006 00:43
  • JASONPENN
To central:As I do not know Central Hotel's name exactly in Chinese,so I can not give you detailed suggestions.If you know the address where it is located,I can be of more help.

And mostly the shuttle buses (including serveral lines which covers several different districts)price will not go beyond RMB 20.
Jan 2, 2006 08:07
  • CENTRAL
The chinese name is called "Shanghai Wang Bao He Da Jiu Dian". Its at jiu Jiang Road.

Page 1 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Transportation from Pudong Airport to Shanghai City Centre
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code