Menu
Tours of Xi'an - Please help!
Dec 5, 2005 10:33
  • ROSANNE
Hi there,
I just spent 6 weeks in Xi'an this summer teaching oral English....while there I got to know the city fairly well.
It is not really necessary to prebook a tour there....the city sights are accessible via taxi or local bus.
Xi'an has a population of about 7 million, but seems much smaller especially in terms of getting around.
I am going to be in Xi'an again on Xmas for 5 days, this time my husband is accompaning me.
My suggestion is to book your hotel 1st....price should be around $20 to $30 US per night, and get a map of the city.....
The hotel will write down your sightseeing destination for you to give to the taxi driver, once there you can find tour guides who volunteer their services-yes, free!
If you feel in the mood to adventure out on your own - just point to your city map and chances are someone will either take you there, or point the way.
Chinese who speak English, and many do, are very eager to talk to you and will be very helpful.
Have a great time!
Rosanne
Dec 17, 2005 07:06
  • WCTMAN
I live in Xi'An and I was downtown today at the Han Tang Youth Hostel on West Street, right downtown by the Drum Tower. This is the off season, they have plenty of room, the food is good, and the staff are super friendly. All kinds of tour information is posted here but it can be a bit pricy vs going out on your own.
You can take a city bus to the Terra Cotta Warriors for less than 7 Yuan. Busses leave the train station every few minutes. Safe, reliable. These busses also are available right from the parking lot for the return trip.
Another must: Tang Paradise Park. Located just east of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, not on some travel maps. Fabulous. Don't miss the light show and fireworks beginning every night at 8:10PM.
Another: Muslim Mosque, located right downtown behind the Drum Tower. And, Hui Nation, wonderful food. Also by the Drum Tower.
Enjoy your vacation. Xi'An is a wonderful city.
Dec 18, 2005 20:23
  • CONNY129
Wow~ WCTMAN ,you are almost a master of Xi'an,all you mentioned are totally correct and helpful .
I want to add Shaanxi provincial history museum on your list ,it is a highlight for every visitor to the city.
Dec 19, 2005 17:45
  • WCTMAN
Well, thank you Connie. And you are right about the Shaanxi Museum. I have been there too, but I was with a group of students whose attention span was a bit short, so we went thru rather quickly. I would like to go back and spend a whole day there. A very interesting place.
Dec 19, 2005 18:56
  • CALIFORNIA
Shaaxi Museum is the best one that I have been to visited,even better than National Museum:-)

Dec 23, 2005 01:26
  • SHAH
Hi Jenny!

My reply will will probably be too late to assist you. However, for any English speaking person (or should I say non-Chinese?)attempting to arrange a tour around Xian, I would suggest that they make their way to a reputable Hotel that lies within the city walls. Xian has lots of these. The reason is that Hotels within the said walls usually cater to tourists.

There will be travel agents/agencies with the requisite English speaking staff to assist. The tours agents will also have the requisite literature/tour menu for you to refer to and prices are stated clearly.

I would further suggest that you try the tour agents' desk at the Bell Tower Hotel to start with. It's right in the centre of the Xian's walled city precint. Good luck.
Aug 26, 2006 23:20
Can you tell me where to find those agents in Internet or if possible a link for those agents
Aug 27, 2006 23:32
  • JEFFYANG
http://www.citsxa.com/
this is one great agency in xi'an
and i used to be a english tour guide.
if anyhting you need,please ask me for free.
best regards
Jeff
Aug 28, 2006 02:54
  • BJHELPS
Brand new 7 seats vans on hire,
Beijing Gudee Car Hire started their van rental business in 2005 as part of their expanded operations. Whether you're looking to hire a Van, Minibus, Passenger Van, SUV, Mini Van or Full Size –Gudee Car Hire can help you.

Our teams of dedicated and professional staff are able to respond at speed, supplying the vehicle of your choice. The key elements of the Gudee Car Hire Van Rental service are flexibility, speed, efficiency, convenience and the best Van Rental rates. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and attention to detail.

Now we are under promotion of new 7 seats Mini vans,
 Clean & tidy, Good air-conditioner, CD player, Full safety belt on
 Big window view, removable seats according to different need
 All our drivers are well educated with qualified city knowledge

If you have any questions, about what we may be able to offer you, please don't hesitate to contact us via email or phone. We will be only too happy to help.

24 hours hot line: 1350 109 3303
Email address: yahoo.com.cn|van7bj
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Tours of Xi'an - Please help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code