Menu
SUITABLE ACCOMMODATION
Nov 29, 2005 01:31
  • MMSETHI
Can someone suggest suitqable accommodation in Shanghai,Beijing and,Ulan Bator for USD 10/- or below (no dormitory please) [noise free] What I am looking is a clean room with attached toilet located in a central district. Would appreciate feedback based on personal experience
Nov 29, 2005 05:06
  • DODDAR
I think your budget is both too tight and dangerous, anyway you should try to contact Pujiang hotel (classy good hotel, secured and historic)direct, they do have shared room at local rate, or international student section.Just shared room with other student is OK, at least the whole hotel is safe and classy.This hotel is prestigous and historic pieces of art, Maggie Chang were taking a movice there, also a lot of celebrity visitors eg Einstein..American President etc. Just because it's managed by a stated owned communisted organisation and they presist in offering good place to local people at good price, if you asked for room taken before by those famous people which they keep in superb classy condition, then you need to pay more, but still worth to go. Also, the reception at counter are very nice to tell you exactly how to eat classy at lower cost, Just around the corner, you will find the best Shanghai dumping shop (open 24 hours) which offer eel noodle with prawn soup, plus dumping, total only 60 dollars.... Have fun.....

Wish you luck..
Doddar
Nov 29, 2005 08:38
  • CALIFORNIA
You can check it in Travel Tips!and a few memebers mentioned it!

And in Ulan Bator,there are a few stars hotels,and they are not expensive!I have been to there many years ago,so I can't tell you very exactly!But I think it is easy to find a good one in there!

Good luck!

Nov 29, 2005 08:52
  • ELCABRON
A single/double room for 10 USD in the center in Shanghai? Shanghai is the most expensive Chinese city (except HK).

You can get nice clean dorms for 5 USD....

There once was a question about a romantic Hotel in Shanghai. This was the answer given:

it is the one and only, the first and oldest hotel of Shanghai, the place where the first lightbulb and the first phone in China was installed, the place where the first movie was shown in China, it is the mother of all Shanghai hotels....

..the ASTOR HOUSE!

or PuJiang Hotel at the beginning of the Bund. You have to cross the romantic little iron bridge over the Suzhou River - like Pont Neuf over the Seine in Paris....yes, it is a lovers bridge, an island of love in this huge, busy megametropolis of Shanghai.

Why do you think people like Bertrand Russell, Charlie Chaplin and Albert Einstein chose this place?
History is preserved in this building, lovely decorated doubles with old wooden floor, stucco works on the ceiling (I mean the real stucco works, not the cheap-wanne-be-when-Im-grown-up-copies) are waiting for you. These rooms respond to your emotions....
Nov 29, 2005 09:05
  • ELCABRON
pics of the Astor House:

Post a Reply to: SUITABLE ACCOMMODATION
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code